TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
abreacti0n Offline
Scars are Silent Screams
Average Joe

Name: Maria

Child Abuse; My story - February 9th 2012, 01:00 PM

Your selfish hands always expecting more, am I your child or just a charity award? so young when the pain had begun..

In the year of 1997, a 45 year old woman found out that she was pregnant. She wasn’t expecting this, and suddenly with the news of this baby her world started to spiral out of control.

When the baby was born she got post-natal depression, she stopped taking care of herself, she stopped cooking for her family and she spent days in bed. Sometimes, she would think about killing her baby and once she almost made it. As for her husband, he was going crazy, he was running short on money and he started using drastic measures of discipline on his teenage kids.

The other brother and sister started to take care of their newborn sister. This was a difficult time for them, not only did they have school to worry about, now they also had to take care of a baby.

Years passed by and the baby girl had now turned 6. She sometimes asked herself why life had to be so hard, but then she thought that she was just exaggerating things because that’s what her mummy had told her, she was a stupid and a pathetic girl, good for nothing.

She hardly saw her mum, her mum was always in bed and when she was out of bed she was either shouting at her or her siblings, or she was fighting with her husband and crying. As for her father he always kept an eye on her. He used to stay watching her do her schoolwork and whenever she took a mistake he’d threaten of beating her with his belt and this would be something she would never ever forget. He never really cared about her, he only cared that she did well in school, he didn’t care if she was either dead or alive. It didn’t matter.

Her parents seemed to be constantly angry at her, and she couldn’t blame them. When she got to school she saw her friends hugging their parents and then she’d ask herself ‘why don’t my parents hug me?’ But then she couldn’t blame them, she was so repulsive. Sometimes she just wished that she was dead.

She would spend days wondering why she was such a naughty girl, and wondering how she could please her mother, because maybe then her mother would love her. And why did her parents fight all the time? Whenever she heard them fighting she’d think that the screams would almost engulf her whole.

She remembered the last time her mum had got really angry at her, and slapped her across the face. She had spent a day crying and she started wondering whether her family really wanted her or not. When she went to school, all her friends were so happy. Why wasn’t she happy?

Years passed by in a haze of constant fear and fighting. She was now 10 years old. She used to hate going home and whenever she remembered that she had to go back home she would start shaking uncontrollably. She loved school, it was her escape, but this was now changing. Some ‘friends’ in her class started to call her fatty pig and ugly. She started spending her lunch breaks in the toilets crying.

She hated what her life had become, she started starving herself and hurting herself and she couldn’t sleep at night. Her grades started falling and so her dad started being even more strict and violent.

The next three years were horrible, and so horrible that she doesn’t want to talk about them. One day, she couldn’t take it anymore and she poured out her heart to someone. People talked to her parents and told them what was going on. She started dealing with the anger she had towards her parents and she slowly tried to fix her life.

Today, she’s 14 years old and even though she isn’t a hundred percent ok, she is working on it, she’s learning how to love herself and her parents. And she’s hoping that one day she will have a good relationship with her parents. She knows it will be a very long and bumpy journey, but after all what does she have to lose?

~ I am Lost Between Fighting and Giving Up ~

The light is always found at the end of a tunnel

Tumblr

PM / VM

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Singer180 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Basel

Re: Child Abuse; My story - February 9th 2012, 01:23 PM

Very inspirational story. You're strong girl who's been through a lot as it seems and the fact that you can still try to see the good in things and people says a lot. I'm glad you're getting help as no one should have to endure something like this alone. If you ever need to talk about anything, I'm always here to listen. PM whenever.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Child Abuse; My story - February 9th 2012, 01:24 PM

Wow that is such a strong, emotional and touching story. Thank you so much for sharing it. <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Child Abuse; My story - February 9th 2012, 01:56 PM

I'm sorry that it happened like that. No one deserves to go through that. However, I'm glad you're alright and things are, at least, starting to look up. THAT is what you deserve. <3 Also, thank you for sharing your story. I'm sure it'll touch other people's hearts as it did mine.

Closed Thread