TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
~Lost and shattered~
Average Joe

Name: Lia

Exclamation I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!! - February 10th 2012, 02:08 PM

Ok my friend was raped when she was 9, BY HER MOMS BOYFRIEND!!!!!!!! she is 13 now almost 14. She just told me about 2 weeks ago... i was in shock for the next week. I dont know what to do! someone HELP PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!

4/26/2012 quote of the day at school:
"Someone called me dellusional
and i nearly fell off my
unicorn"
-unknown

"You only get to
be yourself once,
it would be a shame,
it would be a fucking
shame if you didn't
give it your all."

-SlyFoxHound

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!! - February 12th 2012, 02:25 PM

Talk it out with her. Support her when it bothers her, let her know you're there for her in any way possible, anytime she needs to talk, etc. Also since it hasnt been THAT long, has she ever gone to the police about it and pressed charges. If he did it to her, who knows if he's done it or will do it to others, he should be punished for what he did.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Re: I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!! - February 12th 2012, 07:54 PM

Amber is right, you just need to reassure her that you'll be there for her when she needs a friend or a shoulder to cry on. Also if she hasn't already pressed charges, she still can. Talk to her about it and if she hasn't discuss the idea of it with her, but don't push it, if she doesn't want to, she doesn't have to, it's her choice. But I think it would be a good idea if she did at least report him if she hasn't already. But the absolute most important thing, is to just be there for her.

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
ForgetMeNot9 Offline
Muggle
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Re: I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!! - February 12th 2012, 08:11 PM

I agree. I think the best thing you can do for your friend is to talk with her, listen, and just be there for her as much as you can be. If she has not yet pressed charges and wants to, it is definitely not too late. I wouldn't push the idea, but rather explore the possibility of it with her. I hope that you and your friend are able to get through this difficult time together.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
dani99 Offline
Ms.Average
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Danielle

Re: I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!! - February 13th 2012, 12:47 AM

First of all, be there for her. I had a friend who was raped by her step dad (who is the father of her brother and sister) when she was 8 (she's 16 almost 17). I know how that shock feels. Be there for her, and maybe she needs to get some therapy done if it still traumatizes her (which it probably does).

Just a girl with an angel above, just a girl with an angel to love. My angel grew wings and she did dare to fly. But I promise my angel, it's only good night but never good-bye. My angel, my angel in heaven above. My angel, my darling, you'll always have my love. Rest in peace, my sweet darling, it's only temporary that we part. My angel, my angel, how you still do steal my heart </3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
~Lost and shattered~
Average Joe

Name: Lia

Re: I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!! - February 13th 2012, 04:25 AM

thx guys the thing is she isnt the kind of person to express stuff like that she says she is fine i dont belive that... she says that she would of told her mom that she was raped but her mom would of said she didn't believe her and that she was lying...

4/26/2012 quote of the day at school:
"Someone called me dellusional
and i nearly fell off my
unicorn"
-unknown

"You only get to
be yourself once,
it would be a shame,
it would be a fucking
shame if you didn't
give it your all."

-SlyFoxHound

(#7 (permalink)) Old
HisPrincess Offline
Associate Live Help Operator
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Angelica

Re: I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!! - February 18th 2012, 07:09 AM

It sounds like your friend is trying to be stronger then she really feels because it's still such a sensitive topic for her. In that case, don't push the topic. Be there to listen and let her know that if she ever wants to talk to you about it, you're always right there for her. Sometimes just knowing that can be comforting. It can also be harder on her not having her mom believe her. She can then start questioning her own reality and thinking that it didn't really happen. Be sure that when you talk to her about it, you believe her. This might be able to give her more strength in the long run to help her tell someone in the future. I think it's so sweet that you posted this to learn mow to help your friend. You sound like a good friend. Good luck to both you and your friend. Just be there for her, sometimes that's all you can do. If you ever want to talk, feel free to PM me.

~ Jelli1224

Formerly jelli1224

Trusting is not a mistake, but it is important to realize that things change. ~ Kmn483<3Bliz

Please feel free to PM me. I love to help others, and can be an ear to talk to, a shoulder to cry on, or a face to scream at. <3

Help LINK Mentor - March 19th 2011 to April 16th 2011

Live Help Operator - February 18th 2012 to June 4th, 2012

Associate Live Help Operator - August 13th 2012 <3

(#8 (permalink)) Old
jenjen4538 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!! - February 18th 2012, 09:18 PM

You need to talk to her and tell her that she's got to contact the police and also she's gotta go to a counselor to help her with the memories that might haunt her from that time... But don't just forget about it.. This is a very very important subject that cannot be avoided or ignored.. So PLEASE talk to her or to an adult who can take some action.

Closed Thread