TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
dani99 Offline
Ms.Average
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Danielle

She thought daddy's hands were supposed to be kind. - February 13th 2012, 01:08 AM

It all started out in the year of 1995. A 20 year old girl, just barely out of college....actually, just barely 20 at all found out she was pregnant. She wasn't in love with the dad. She wasn't even married. But the dad proposed to her anyways, and she rejected.

Hurt, he began drinking heavily. Months later, he came back and tried again. She accepted, only because of the baby. That was the only reason. They weren't in love. Or she wasn't, at least. But that didn't stop the drinking. It was already falling into an addiction.

They got married on January 13th 1996. January 14th, 1996 - they went on their honeymoon. She went into labor. A baby girl was born that day at 8:35 in the morning. She was [Edited by Le Bonheur*], three weeks early. Almost..just almost considered a premature baby.

The drinking got worse over the years. When that baby became three years old, he became cold and cruel. He'd yank her by the hair and call her worthless. Slap her legs with his belt if she cried. Tell her that he never loved her if she didn't listen.

How was she supposed to know? Was there something wrong with her? She became deathly afraid. At the age of four, she had the most terrifying nightmare that her daddy was chasing her through a grave yard with an army of skeletons. He told the skeletons to kill her, and they ate her alive. Blood and gore was everywhere.

When she became 6, they beatings stopped. But the emotional pain still reigned on. He still called her worthless. The girl refused to talk to him or disobey him, horrified and paranoid that he would once more strike at her. She thought every dad was like that. That's why when her first friend told her how much she loved her daddy, she became confused.

"Is there something wrong with me?"

Her mommy just ignored the situation. She ignored the tears the girl cried. The one friend she was gone forever when the friend claimed she was a boy and tried touching the girl when she was 8 years old.

At the age of 10, her daddy left. He said he couldn't stand the family, and left on the mom's birthday, March 13th. He became nicer, though. He started buying the girl things she wanted and gave her hugs before bed. He tucked her in for the first time, and she wondered why.

A year later, exactly on March 13th, she cried. Her mommy and daddy were no longer together and they were then divorced. She thought it was her fault. And then, her daddy packed his bags and left. He continued to move further and further away. The visitations became much shorter then.

The girl is now 16. She wishes she had her daddy back, and only remains with the memory of the horrible years of physical and emotional abuse. Her daddy now lies to her all of the time. He never keeps a promise. He lives 15 hours away, soon to be 20 hours. That girl is me.

Just a girl with an angel above, just a girl with an angel to love. My angel grew wings and she did dare to fly. But I promise my angel, it's only good night but never good-bye. My angel, my angel in heaven above. My angel, my darling, you'll always have my love. Rest in peace, my sweet darling, it's only temporary that we part. My angel, my angel, how you still do steal my heart </3

Last edited by Stargazed.; February 19th 2012 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Please do not post weight numbers

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Re: She thought daddy's hands were supposed to be kind. - February 13th 2012, 01:31 AM

I'm so sorry that you had to go through all of that, no one deserves that. It's not your fault that they got divorced, they just weren't the kind of people who were meant to be married to each other. And as hard as it is, he's the one missing out on a great girl. He's missing on out on watching his daughter grow, and as much as it hurts, it's his loss. You are probably an amazing person, and it's his loss with him moving farther away. It's up to you whether you want to remain in contact with him, but just know that none of what has happened to you, or what's happening is your fault. I can guarantee it is in no way your fault. If you ever want to talk, you can PM me.

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
hey you beautiful <3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: crystal stuart

Re: She thought daddy's hands were supposed to be kind. - February 13th 2012, 01:33 AM

oh i am sorry

be brave lifes to short make the most of it add me on http://www.teenhelp.org/ it will do u wonders xxx :P
who ever knows christabel add this group xxx http://www.teenhelp.org/socialgroups...%27s+stalkers/
love crystal

havent self harmed for 4 months
this is my girlfriend http://www.teenhelp.org/users/holliex/

(#4 (permalink)) Old
dani99 Offline
Ms.Average
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: She thought daddy's hands were supposed to be kind. - February 15th 2012, 12:50 AM

I don't talk to him much but I did talk to him today. He told me he's going to send me my Christmas/Birthday/Valentine gifts soon (Which my birthday was back on January 14th) so...yeah....and he said he might come visit for spring break. I really hope he does.

Just a girl with an angel above, just a girl with an angel to love. My angel grew wings and she did dare to fly. But I promise my angel, it's only good night but never good-bye. My angel, my angel in heaven above. My angel, my darling, you'll always have my love. Rest in peace, my sweet darling, it's only temporary that we part. My angel, my angel, how you still do steal my heart </3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Erin Jude

Re: She thought daddy's hands were supposed to be kind. - February 15th 2012, 01:09 AM

WOW, I WASN'T EXPECTING THAT. I'M REALLY SORRY. IF YOU EVER WANNA TALK...I'M ALWAYS HERE<3<3

"May I remind you of those little things. The small gems of life. Those little sparkles of happiness in which we find solace in. At times they're hard to see but just know they're always there, just waiting for you to reach out, see them, to embrace them and to enjoy them."
  Send a message via Skype™ to ☪ ERIN JUDE ☪ 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Re: She thought daddy's hands were supposed to be kind. - February 15th 2012, 05:18 AM

Well all you can really do is hope he sticks to his word, but if he doesn't, just know he's missing out on a great opportunity and it's not your fault that he is.

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauri

Re: She thought daddy's hands were supposed to be kind. - February 15th 2012, 07:03 AM

I would not talk to him if he abused me like that. He had NO right to treat you like that. Your mom should have stopped him from doing that stuff to you. I would be scared of him if I were you. You should be glad he doesnt live with you any more so he cant hurt you any more. I would stay away from him forever if I were you. Im so sorry again }: It was NOT your fault. It was your fathers fault he decided to hit you and speek to you that way. You did NOTHING wrong. HUUGGS
  Send a message via Yahoo to lauri  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
dani99 Offline
Ms.Average
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: She thought daddy's hands were supposed to be kind. - February 16th 2012, 12:19 AM

My mom told me one day she caught him getting so mad at me while trying to spank me and I was being stubborn (at the age of 4) and he smacked me and she did punch him in the face when he did that. But that's the only time she'd ever really stick up for me.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sabah

Re: She thought daddy's hands were supposed to be kind. - February 16th 2012, 02:45 PM

I'm so sorry
whatever happened was not your fault, don't let it take over your life. you're so young and beautiful, i hate that these things happen to babies children, young girls. and then we're left to deal with the consequences while the b*****d who do it live thier life's to the max :@ there's nothing wrong with you sweetie, nothing at all. you didnt aid that situation whatsoever, maybe it just wasnt meant to be for them. who knows? but you were a kid their was nothing you could have done. quite frankly you still are (a kid) don't let the past drag you down. make your future the best thing ever, make up for having such a bad experience in your past. im always here if you wanna talk honey, pm me anytime xx

(#10 (permalink)) Old
HisPrincess Offline
Associate Live Help Operator
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Angelica

Re: She thought daddy's hands were supposed to be kind. - February 18th 2012, 06:58 AM

I'm so sorry you had to go through all of this. You are such a beautiful young girl, wish such a bright future in front of you. I couldn't imagine going through what you had to as a child, but know that your parent's divorce is in no way your fault. Same with the way your father treated you. Sometimes the things people do are hard to explain, this situation being one of those things. I can understand why you miss your dad. But if I were you, I'd still be cautious, remembering what he did do in the past. Forgive, but don't forget. Not knowing him, he could still easily slip into the same patterns that he did before. But with that being said, I would encourage you to try and get to know him again. Just get to know him carefully, and with other people around. Remember that you're such a beautiful girl, and you have such a bright future ahead of you. If you ever need anyone to talk to, feel free to PM me.

~ Jelli1224

Formerly jelli1224

Trusting is not a mistake, but it is important to realize that things change. ~ Kmn483<3Bliz

Please feel free to PM me. I love to help others, and can be an ear to talk to, a shoulder to cry on, or a face to scream at. <3

Help LINK Mentor - March 19th 2011 to April 16th 2011

Live Help Operator - February 18th 2012 to June 4th, 2012

Associate Live Help Operator - August 13th 2012 <3

(#11 (permalink)) Old
dani99 Offline
Ms.Average
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: She thought daddy's hands were supposed to be kind. - February 27th 2012, 01:42 AM

I mean, he so much nicer now, but I barely see him. There are times he makes me upset and scares me because he'll lose his temper when I do see him and it's bad. I remember last time I saw him last summer we went out to dinner and I wanted a steak, but then I saw it was like $40 and I was like "Oh well"

Well, later on I was talking to my mom on the phone and I was like "Yeah, the steak was sooo much! Dad didn't get it for me but that's ok..." and my dad was listening, misunderstood what I said and here was his reaction:

Dad: Are you bitching to your mom that I didn't buy you a steak?

Me: No...no! I was just...

Dad: You are the most disrespectful little shit I've ever seen! You have the same respect for me as a stupid horse would!

Me: But I wasn't complaining! Let me explain!

Dad: No, you are a rude little bitch and thinks she can say whatever she wants about people!

And he was screaming at me the whole time, while I was on the phone with my mom. I ended up locking myself in the bathroom crying :/

But most of the time he's nice to me, and he calls sometimes and tells me he misses me and all of that. He just sent me a late birthday gift (My birthday is Jan. 14), a Kindle Touch. I don't see him often and he doesn't buy me much so when I do see him, or for my birthday or something he gets me really nice things. But...I don't care so much about the gifts. That wont really make me happy, I just want him in my life again.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
aevolley Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: She thought daddy's hands were supposed to be kind. - February 27th 2012, 01:59 AM

Oh my, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I'm here if you wanna talk

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Formerly known as Ryan.
Average Joe

Name: Ryan

Re: She thought daddy's hands were supposed to be kind. - February 27th 2012, 02:45 AM

Hey Dani. That sounds like a terrible situation, and I'm really sorry you've head to deal with it. It seems like short fuses are extremely common among fathers these days, and unfortunately, it gets taken out on us kids too often. I know he didn't give you a chance to really explain yourself during the call, but have you talked to him since? Maybe you could legit just tell him, "Dad, the way you treated me the other night was rude and not okay." See what he says... you might be pleasantly surprised. If he lets you talk, explain your story... don't attack him (it sounds like he already feels guilty) but just say that you love him and you're doing your best to keep everything together. Make it clear that you were hurt by the situation.

That's the best advice I can give. <3 if you need someone to vent to, you've got the name.

Good luck.

RYAN.
At your service.

We grow and gain sapience and we learn what's important.

We were meant to live for so much more; have we lost ourselves somewhere we live inside?

Closed Thread