TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AdamsLife Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Adam

What do I do? - March 2nd 2012, 01:56 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I have a friend by association, who I've recently discovered has a number of extremely frightening thoughts in his head.
He and I had a completely serious conversation about rape and pedophilia, and he has completely convinced himself that they are both good things.
At first I honestly thought he was joking, but I know now beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is dead serious.
In addition, he told me today that he almost came to school (a community college) with a gun to shoot a bunch of people, because of how he was feeling. He even had a change of clothes in his bag to wear, to walk away in. The only reason he didn't flip was because someone gave him a little bit of hope this morning, on accident.
I never would have guessed I might have been shot this morning.

I am more scared for my safety, and the safety of my friends than I think I have ever been, but I don't know what I can do. Should I go to the police? The 'friend' hasn't actually committed any crimes that I know of. Should I try talking directly to him? I seriously doubt that I could get anywhere close to fixing him.
Please, someone. What should I do??

((Additional details: I've heard some of his stories of his life that he's told me. Scary, terrible things. He was raped by his school principal in grade 6. And his dad is a convicted rapist and killer. A piece of advice his dad gave him was "If you have a problem, eliminate it". And I honestly think that my 'friend' may have taken this to heart.))
  Send a message via AIM to AdamsLife  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Angry Re: What do I do? - March 2nd 2012, 02:05 AM

How the fuck did he convince him self of that?
I'd alert the authorities if you sense he's doing either thing, and warn your friends.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Re: What do I do? - March 2nd 2012, 02:17 AM

Okay, I'm going to give it to you straight. You need to go to the police, if it's late in your area, you still should call and you need to alert the authorities. You need to give them as much info as possible, what he's said and who he is. I know it'll be hard since he's a friend but he needs help, and obviously he is going about things in the absolute wrong way. I hate to say it but you need to contact the authorities as soon as you can to prevent something disastrous from happening. He won't like it and he will be mad at you, I'm almost sure, but this is the right thing to do. It'll prevent a possible catastrophe as well as get him the help he needs by having to see a therapist for these feelings.

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
BulletHoles Offline
BulletHoles
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alicia

Re: What do I do? - March 2nd 2012, 10:48 PM

Don't speak to him directly. He'll get defensive. If he has taken steps to do these actions, you need to tell someone who can do something and keep the situation controlled.

Are you always sad? Someone asked.
(Always is such a long, long time)
I couldn't say. But
If sadness was a sea, I'd drown in it.
(Salty and warm, sadness is.)
(Cold, too. Sometimes)
And I happen to love the sea.

And I watched your words burn tiny holes
into my retinas. Just wide enough to crawl into,
And forget you ever were.
  Send a message via Skype™ to BulletHoles 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Veni Vidi Vici Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: What do I do? - March 3rd 2012, 06:34 AM

Wow...

When I first started reading your post, I just thought to myself that he was a really disturbed teen. After you told me his history with his dad, and principle however, I really do think something is wrong here; people with those kinds of histories are the kind of people who shoot up schools or kill innocent people.

If I were you, I'd DEFINITELY tell someone. If you're the only one who knows about this, the lives of many or a few people could be in your hands. Don't wait; like you said, he was about to shoot up a school today... For all I know, I could be watching CNN broadcast a school shooting triggered by your 'friend' tomorrow morning.

You can be the person who stops this, and saves lives. Please don't wait! Tonight may be all you have to work with for all we know, tell your parents or a trusted adult now!!!

Carpe Diem: Seize the Day/Moment. -Horace

Veni, Vidi, Vici: I came, I saw, I conquered -Julius Caesar

(#6 (permalink)) Old
AdamsLife Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Adam

Re: What do I do? - March 13th 2012, 05:11 AM

Resolved, for the most part. I reported this guy to the college campus security, and they've sentenced him to mental rehab, and he's been banned from college campus. But he's really pissed about it, and he's making threats saying he wants blood for whoever told on him. The local police are getting involved now, and with any luck, they'll have him taken wherever he needs to be taken.
This whole ordeal has just been really really draining, and I wish for it to be over soon. I'm having to talk to cops and security frequently for some reason, and now I have been asked to avoid the central campus for a short period of time. My teachers have been informed of my future absences.
I think it'll all be fine soon, but I am just ready to be done with it.
  Send a message via AIM to AdamsLife  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Re: What do I do? - March 13th 2012, 06:35 AM

You did the right thing and I know it's annoying right now but they're doing it for your personal safety. But you really did do the right thing, don't forget that.

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: What do I do? - March 13th 2012, 01:35 PM

Since the issue has been resolved, I'm going to go ahead and close the thread. If you'd like it reopened, feel free to pm Cheye or me. Or, you could open another thread.

Take care!

Closed Thread