TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
The_Princess Offline
Average Joe

Name: Tristyn

Unhappy It was so long ago..... - April 4th 2012, 04:28 AM

Ok, so I'm no expert to what childhood sexual abuse can do to the mind of someone, or what even qualifies as sexual abuse for that matter. But I have a story that I need to get out and need advice on. So here's my story:

I have no idea at what point in time this was, (Because I must have tried extremely hard to forget it, and lost some of the facts) but when I was no older than 11 I went camping with my family and my cousin (1 yr older male) came along. When my mother went off somewhere and my father to his games with his friends, my cousin and I were left in our camper together. We began to play truth or dare, and the dares progressively got more....adult. And his dares became things like "I dare you to dare me to (insert inappropriate thing here)" .

Somehow my cousin got me to put his dick in my mouth in a silly attempt at sucking it, he did some other things involving me naked, and eventually tried to have butt sex with me....but I stopped it. After that I was totally appalled and left.

So....is this like childhood sexual abuse, and could it contribute to many things that are now wrong with me?? Please help! I'm now 16, and this was so long ago, but I recently remembered it...... I'm so confused!

If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.
~St. Clement of Alexandra

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: It was so long ago..... - April 4th 2012, 04:29 PM

hi Trystyn,

Even for an expert in these things, it's often hard to determine what constitutes abuse. At the very least, you've remembered this in a very negative way, and you also link it to some other, unspoken 'issues'. So, in your case, we can assume that regardless of what we call this, it has affected you.

Maybe it's time to talk to someone?

PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
The_Princess Offline
Average Joe

Name: Tristyn

Re: It was so long ago..... - April 5th 2012, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Bobby View Post
hi Trystyn,

Even for an expert in these things, it's often hard to determine what constitutes abuse. At the very least, you've remembered this in a very negative way, and you also link it to some other, unspoken 'issues'. So, in your case, we can assume that regardless of what we call this, it has affected you.

Maybe it's time to talk to someone?
Issues: Extremely twisted sexual views, depression, low self esteem, possible eating disorders, possibly bipolar, (idt the bipolarness has anything to do with it though).

Yes, I do view it negatively, and I also must have really tried to block some of it out mentally because there are pieces I don't quite remember....

In reply to the Time to tell someone: It's been years, and I don't see any reason that it would change anything now...

If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.
~St. Clement of Alexandra

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: It was so long ago..... - April 5th 2012, 03:26 AM

Trystyn, there's enough there.....in addition to the sexual issues...that merit a thorough evaluation and treatment by a doc. If you're unable to address these things on your own, then you should tell someone so you can finally be free of them!

It often takes time after an incident for people to come to terms with it and get some help, maybe you're telling yourself that time for you is now.

PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Re: It was so long ago..... - April 5th 2012, 06:05 AM

To me it sounds like it could be sexual abuse, considering what happened, I would probably more likely consider it sexual assault, but no matter what you choose to call it, it was wrong. And while I can't surely tell you whether or not what happened, has caused the things you've mentioned, I can say that it very could have had a hand in at least a few of those issues. The best bet would be to talk to a professional, someone who can help you figure out what happened and learn to move on from it. As well as help you with all of these issues you've told us about. We here aren't professionals so we can't surely tell you one way or another, only what our opinions are on the thing. You would really need someone physically there who has studied these kind of things for a sure fire answer and to get the help you may very well need to deal with what has happened. I know it may seem like it's not worth saying anything because of how long ago it happened, but the thing is, you remember and although memories are not evidence, it's worth telling someone if you want to, you don't have to but if you feel it's right, you surely can. No matter what you do legal wise, I still think you should see a counselor, or therapist, or someone along those lines to help you better than we here can. If you ever need any support or anything like that TH is always here for you and you can also always PM me any time. I really do hope things start to look up for you and you can get help to deal with all of what has happened and what you are dealing with.

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
Closed Thread