TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
asherzxd Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: ...

Really Wanna Know. - April 4th 2012, 06:49 PM

A couple years ago my brother touched me, I tried to ignore it, but the anger kept raging in me and I told. My parents told me it was a dream, and now Im im more confused. They filed the report and I had to talk to the police since it counts for some type of abuse. Nothing happened because we were both young at the time
What I wanna know is whats gonna happen. He wants to be a physcologist and I wanna know if this will effect it. Will he still be able to become one? Will this effect any type of job he wants in the future?
Please and thanks answer :/
xx

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Really Wanna Know. - April 4th 2012, 07:16 PM

I think the most important thing here is that YOU believe this was inappropriate and have some pretty strong feelings about it, so the real issue to me is how you can best address those. They're much more likely to cause problems in the future if they remain, and unaddressed.

With regards to your brother, there are a lot of 'If's'. Depending on the allegation, depending on your ages, depending on how CPS , and the police deposed of not only the complaint, but the paperwork....the chances are, that IF he was a minor and IF they did'nt find cause to pursue the complaint further, than legally, he's Ok.

Emotionally, well, that might be another story.

PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Re: Really Wanna Know. - April 5th 2012, 06:10 AM

It all depends on how the police dealt with everything, I know you say they dismissed the charges, but if they're on file then it may affect it slightly. We can't tell you for sure, it all depends on what the police did considering the files and report. Seeing as they didn't continue on with it because of him being a minor, chances are it won't affect his chances of being hired. The fact that they dismissed the case usually means it's all water under the bridge legally. But like I said before, all in all, we have no way to tell you for sure one way or another, to truly know, you'd have to go and talk to the police department, and I'm not sure you'd be able to find out anyway considering you would be inquiring about a person that is not yourself, he may have to be the one to inquire about it, and that's if he even can.

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
Closed Thread