TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
bbG Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Just had to tell someone i guess - April 10th 2012, 10:30 AM

Hi, well when i was little my mums boy friend used to abuse me, at one piont it got so bad he broke my hand. me and my mum tryed to get him out our life but he keeps popping up now and agian each time harder to get rid of. now i live with my nan and grandad but my mums stuck with him when she had his kids. i thought i had escaped it but i hadn't, tho my grandad has never touched me hes still impossible to live with every night he goes to the pub and every night he comes home and starts shouting, it never used to be at me but now im older it is all the time. i wouldnt mid nut is affecting my school life ive been getting into trubble and agruing with every one somtime theyve turned into fights i dont know what to do because it means i can't consetrate in class and my levles have been dropping it probley dont help that i have adhd. i don't know what to do any advise would help me alot. thanks x

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Cassie999 Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Just had to tell someone i guess - April 10th 2012, 12:54 PM

I tell this to people who get abuse report the crime to the police it should of been done earlier when you was a little kid. That would be your grandads choice to go to the pub but as long as he doesn't hurt you that's the main thing. Your mum sounds like she has forgiving him what he has done and let him stay in her life. Your mum shouldn't be doing this you always come first. She should of called the police and then he be out of yours and your mum life for good but nothing would work if your mum kept pushing him outside the doorstep and him coming back. http://l-pawlik-kienlen.suite101.com/ways-to-cope-with-past-child-abuse-a45885 http://www.childhelp.org/
it's not to late to report him now you can also tell your close, favourite teacher about this. Use the child hotline

Last edited by Cassie999; April 10th 2012 at 01:16 PM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sabah

Re: Just had to tell someone i guess - April 10th 2012, 01:15 PM

Hey sweetie, i think really you need to talk to someone. Tell someone what happened and try to deal with it. Your mum really needs to get away from him! I think you should tell the police. They can help you, really they can. They can get him away from you. He doesn't deserve to be near other kids -especially his own- think about it this way sweetie, if he's done it to you he could also have done it to others, and could still be. You need to talk to someone darling. People can and will help x

(#4 (permalink)) Old
bbG Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Just had to tell someone i guess - April 13th 2012, 08:04 AM

i haven't seen him in years but for legal reason we can't get rid of him. I live with my Nan and grandad to get away from him and my mum comes and visit me. we cant report her ex because its my word agenst his and i was to young to really remember properly. the thing with my grandad hes okay sometimes its just most nights he shouts at me not my mums fault. she got it too till she moved. we can't do anything coz its a metal illness he suffers from depression and thats the only reason we put up with it. so don't blame my mum.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Cassie999 Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Just had to tell someone i guess - April 13th 2012, 09:33 PM

No one is blaming your mum. Your the victim in this they should arrest him not let him get away with it. The law knows nothing of what he did to you as a child? have you tried to report him before? Your mum could chuck him out of her life if she wanted too if he comes back and stalk her then the police would need to do something because thats criminal harassment.
Your mum is the only one who can get rid of him but she made up her own mind if she letting him stay at her house.

Closed Thread