TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Des

Red face Update: I talked to her! - April 3rd 2009, 03:57 PM

For those who remember my last thread, I was having a lot trouble deciding whether or not to talk to my friend and mentor about my rape. Well, the opportunity came up and I did it! We talked for 3 hours. It was amazing to get all of my feelings of guilt and shame out and actually have someone listen to me. The whole time I was shaking like a leaf cause I didn't want to cry and I still don't know how to deal with my emotions without drugs or alcohol or cutting. The thing that I was most glad about was I no longer feel as if I deserve it. I lived with that feeling for sooo long, and she really helped me get over that and be able to forgive myself and say it wasn't my fault. About half way through I was shaking so much and overcome with emotions that I wanted to get away for a bit and luckily another one of my friends came by and asked my friend to go grab something for him so while they were gone I slipped away and found a seat. Well, once my friend was done she did give me a few minutes then came and sat beside me, who was still shaking, and I finally gave in and sobbed on her shoulder for 15min. It was amazing and I finally stopped shaking. All that to say, I am SO GLAD I finally decided to talk about it, and doubly glad that it was her I decided to talk to.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Update: I talked to her! - April 3rd 2009, 04:01 PM

That's so great! I'm glad you were able to tell them and they took it so well. Hopefully that's taken a great deal off your shoulders. I'm very proud of you for having the courage to tell them about it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Update: I talked to her! - April 3rd 2009, 04:15 PM

That's so great Des
I know that must be a hard thing to do, and it takes a lot of strength, I know. So this just proves how completely strong you really are.
Congrats on speaking up. x

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#4 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAutumn* Offline
together, we are infinite.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Update: I talked to her! - April 3rd 2009, 04:29 PM

Wow, Des, that really is amazing. I'm so proud of you for having the courage to talk to your friend about what happened. You're so incredibly strong for being able to talk about it and tell her, you really should be proud of yourself because telling someone isn't always the easiest thing in the world. Well done. [:

Take care of yourself.

how could anyone ever tell you, you are anything less than beautiful?| PM Me
self-harm free since 06.10.11.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: Update: I talked to her! - April 3rd 2009, 05:30 PM

Hey Des,

I am so happy you found the strength to talk to someone about what happened to you. I am doubly elated that your friend was so understanding and caring. It isn't healthy to bottle up emotions and talking about how your feeling is a great way to relieve some of the pressure that builds up. I'm glad your friend helped you realize that nothing that happened is in any way your fault. Your friend is right. You are only responsible for your own actions. You can't be held accountable for what someone else does. No one in the world deserves something like that least of all you. I am so proud of you for reaching out to your friend. Your good experience with telling someone encourages me to do the same. If you ever need someone to talk to I am here for you. I'm never to busy to listen and I will do my best to help. You are not alone. Take care and stay strong.

Lots of love <3 Mimi

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

Closed Thread