TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauri

cant see therapist }: - April 28th 2012, 05:48 PM

I HATE MY LIFEE IM SERIOUSLY THROWING A TANTRUM IN MY HOME MY STUPID THERAPIST SCEDULE DUS FOR 12 OO TODAY NOT 3 WE FORGOT BECAUSE MY APPOINTMENTS ARE ALWAYS AT 3. IM SO MAD AT MY THERPAIST I HATE HER I FEEL LEFT. ITS BEEEN 2 WEEKS SINCE I HAVE SEEN HER THATS TO LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. I HATE THISSS IM SO MAD IM THROWING THINGS AND SCREAMINGGGGGG.

I CANT WAIT THIS LONG I NEVER WANT TO SEE HER AGAIN

helpppppp HELPP I WASENT SUPPOSED TO EMAIL HER MY MOM SAID NOT TO BUT I DID }: BEC I WAS MAD. NOW I HAVE TO WAIT TIL THURSDAY TO SEE HER I CANT WAIT THIS LONG I CANTTTTT.
  Send a message via Yahoo to lauri  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Intoxication Offline
Bug & Pug <3

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: cant see therapist }: - April 28th 2012, 05:56 PM

Well you can't exactly blame your therapist for this when it was your accident that you forgot. Did you guys write it down anywhere? That could have been helpful for you.
She can't always see you at the same time either, sometimes the times have to change a bit because she has other clients whom also need help.
I know two weeks can be a long time, but you'll be able to see her again soon. In the meantime, why not start a journal that you can rant in? You could even bring it with you so you can show her your thoughts in between appointments.
And next time don't email her when you're mad, try and hold off because its never good to do things like that on an impulse. Just hang in there, you'll be okay and you'll get to see her again soon.

~~~
HelpLINK Mentor & Project Advisor

(#3 (permalink)) Old
survivor16 Offline
Like a skyscraper. <3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Shelby

Re: cant see therapist }: - April 28th 2012, 11:02 PM

I'm sorry you are feeling so upset...
But it wasn't your therapists fault that you forgot about the appointment. They are very busy people, and she couldnt have waited for three hours. They have lots of other appointments to get to.
Did you email her mean things? I hope not! But if you emailed her and said "I'm sorry I missed you, I hope we can talk again soon." that's fine.
I know your are frustrated, but you will see her soon. You can do this! I like what the above post said, write in your journal!
Start a new journal that is all about what you want to talk about in therapy, or ranting, ect.
Blog on TeenHelp! Anything.

I hope you are able to calm down and that this week goes well for you!
Shelby

(#4 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: cant see therapist }: - April 29th 2012, 01:53 AM

Well I threw a tanturm I hit things and yelled and I emailed her that I hated her and that I was throwing things.

IM JSUT MAD BECAUSE IT S BEEN SOOOOOOOOOO LONGG SINCE I HAVE SEEN HER IM REALLY SAD AND DEPRESSED. I DONT WANT TO WRITE IN A JOURNAL. THANKS AKLL ILL SEE HER THURSDAY BUT I WISH IT WAS SOONER IM DEPRESSED OVER THIS AND ALL I WANT TO DO IS SLEEP AROUND WHICH IM DOING.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Intoxication Offline
Bug & Pug <3

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: cant see therapist }: - April 29th 2012, 03:07 AM

But you don't actually hate her, so why say that to her? That's not a good way to treat her after all that she does for you.
And if writing in a journal doesn't sound like a good idea, then try and find another alternative for when you get mad that doesn't involve throwing things and yelling.

~~~

(#6 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: cant see therapist }: - April 29th 2012, 03:38 AM

Yeah your right it was a little harsh
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: cant see therapist }: - April 29th 2012, 07:03 AM

I don't understand why you e-mailed your therapist saying you hate her. You're 19 years old, you're an adult and part of that involves remembering your appointments and taking responsibility when you fuck up. In this case, the only person to blame is yourself. Throwing things isn't going to do anything, it's just going to make a mess that you'll have to clean up later. You're should be grateful that your therapist is still willing to see you despite how you treated her. Most people wouldn't put up with such behaviour, especially in-person to someone's face as people would either walk away or take a swing at your face then walk away.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: cant see therapist }: - April 29th 2012, 05:43 PM

Yeah I know I need to get a hold of my self at times and stop throwing tantrums. Its just hard I guess because of my disorders. I seriously thought it was at 3 I dont remember her telling me 12 I think my mom was in the room when she said 12 not me so I didnt know my mom forgot.

I was mad at her because I felt she left me and she doesnt care so that makes me mad. Also what made me mad was I really wanted to see her I haven tseen her in 2 weeks now and thats WAY TOOOO LONGG.

And yeah I feel bad I was mean to her }:
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Intoxication Offline
Bug & Pug <3

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: cant see therapist }: - April 29th 2012, 05:55 PM

She hasn't left you if she had you booked to see her that day. If she doesn't care, then she wouldn't still accept you as her client.
Two weeks is a long time, but its best to stay calm and just be patient until the next time you see her again. Its a good idea to apologize to her when you do see her too

~~~

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Michy_Blackrose Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michy

Re: cant see therapist }: - May 2nd 2012, 05:15 PM

In the past when something like this occurred, they didn't forget, but had unforeseen circumstances arise, I became very angry and withdrawn about it, and I know that's a trait of BPDs because we become attached to those who we feel care and trust us, so we put a lot of faith in them and when they let us down, we devalue them. I understand your feelings, as someone with BPD.

However, now you're out of the 'tantrum' state, i think it would be a good idea to look ahead, accept it as a mistake on her part, and move forward. Agree a date for another session, and express your feelings about her 'abandonment' in that meeting.

I hope all goes well

Michy.

And I was in the darkness,
So darkness I became.

<3
  Send a message via MSN to Michy_Blackrose  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: cant see therapist }: - May 2nd 2012, 06:10 PM

Thanks it means a lot
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
BigBL87 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: cant see therapist }: - May 10th 2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michy_Blackrose View Post

accept it as a mistake on her part,.
I agree with you up until this part. Calling it a mistake on the therapist's part shifts the blame and responsibility to the therapist, in a case in which it doesn't sound like it was necessarily the therapist's fault.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
George^^ Offline
Hi :D
I've been here a while

Name: George

Re: cant see therapist }: - May 12th 2012, 05:24 PM

Consider it lucky that you'll get to see your therapist again at all, and just accept the fact that these things happen and move on. If you find every two weeks too long, maybe you can talk to your therapist about it?

I've said it once, I've said it twice, I've said it a thousand fucking times
That I'm OK, that I'm fine, that it's all just in my mind
But this has got the best of me, and I can't seem to sleep
It's not 'cause you're not with me, it's cause you never leave

(#14 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: cant see therapist }: - May 14th 2012, 12:50 AM

Thanks I have. She doesnt care about me but its okay does it hurt yes. And yes I have told her that. I care about her and love her even though she doesnt care or love me not like that im straight.
Closed Thread