TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

can't handle life - May 2nd 2012, 03:10 AM

I seriously can't concentrate because everything in my life is going wrong and I just can't stop thinking about it all. I am so anxious I have a hard time even sleeping. I just don't know what to do anymore. I wish things could just go right and I didn't have such bad luck. Please help!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Got love?
Not a n00b

Name: Sophie

Re: can't handle life - May 2nd 2012, 03:46 AM

I know how you feel, because I feel that way a lot of the time too.
If its just the worries in life bringing you down, just take a deep breath and remember that nothing stays the same forever and that things are bound to change. Everything may seem to be wrong and all falling apart, but life DOES get better, and in a little while, you probably won't have these issues affecting your life anyways. Don't worry, it will all work out

Bi-sexual and proud

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Michy_Blackrose Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michy

Re: can't handle life - May 2nd 2012, 12:26 PM

I think right now, you're completely overwhelmed with everything, which is dragging you under and disabling you from compartmentalising your issues.

It's important to take one deep breath, and step back for 5 minutes. There's a lot going on, and you can't expect yourself to deal with it all at once.

Your primary focus, should be on trying to get some rest. Ironically, all of your issues are interfering with your ability to do that, so perhaps speak your doctor or go to a chemist/drugstore and enquire about some natural calming medication, just in the meantime, to give your mind a bit of respite.

Once you're a bit more rested, try to write down, in brief words or bullet points, the different issues you need to tackle. It'll give you a clearer idea of what needs to be addressed, and make it easier to figure out ways of addressing those problems. Don't let that overwhelm you either, just take it step by step. There are no expectations, and no pressure, it is you going at the pace which is easiest for you to cope with.

For now, that is all i'd advise you to do. The next steps can come later, when you have a calmer and more collected mindset.

You have our support.

Michy.

And I was in the darkness,
So darkness I became.

<3
  Send a message via MSN to Michy_Blackrose  
Closed Thread