TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Mercyfall Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Taylor

Reverse Seasonal Affective disorder - May 2nd 2012, 11:57 PM

I am posting this for someone that wants to remain anonymous.

__________________________________________________ _____

I have Reverse Seasonal Affective disorder, which has similar symtoms to normal Seasonal Affective Disorder (also known as winter blues), but it also causes anxiety and it's more or an agitated depression than lethargic.

Now that the weather is starting to get warmer I can feel the anxiety starting to pick up again. It's not affecting me too much just yet, I just feel a bit edgy. But when it gets really bad I spend most of the day dreading night time more and more as the day goes on. When it gets to night time I put off going to bed as long as i can, which actually only makes it worse when I finally do. Usually when I go to bed I can get myself to think rationally and stay fairly calm so I can manage to get to sleep. But I have spent night crying uncontrollably because i feel so panicky and all I want to do is be calm enough to sleep and for the night to be over.

I only get relief from it 4 months of the year (November-February) and I just can't go through another 8 months of feeling like that again. I have already tried two different anti-depressants that are meant to help with anxiety; Citalopram and Sertraline. Citalopram just made me feel really bad physically and didn't seem to affect me emotionally, and Sertraline helped with the depression, but seemed to make me feel more anxious, even during months I'm usually okay. I'm just kind of scared to try anything else, which I know is stupid. It also seems pointless as the chance of anything helping and not affecting me badly is really slim.

I don't really know what to do anymore. I just know I can't go through another year like that. I wish I could just curl up in a ball and it would fix everything; if only that would actually work.

I'm sorry about the essay, and if you actually read this far thank you. Do you have any ideas that could help? =/
  Send a message via Skype™ to Mercyfall 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Reverse Seasonal Affective disorder - May 3rd 2012, 02:25 AM

Maybe the poster could try some medications that are meant to treat Depression and Anxiety (i.e. Wellbutrin), either that or have an anti-depressant and take an Anxiety medication along with it.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

Closed Thread