TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Whats going on here? - May 21st 2012, 01:37 PM

Its been a long time since I have been here on this site, and I'm not even sure if this should be in this section but I have a quick question.

This morning around 5:15, I woke up. My finace left for work, because he is back on day time hours again, which I am happy about. Anyways,on days he works, I get up with him until he leaves, Usually I go back to sleep, but I didn't go back to sleep this morning because I had a collection of dreams that were bad. It was about me being bullied back in highschool. The dreams I had were real events that has happened to me. These dreams just caused me to wake up....and stay awake.. (hopefully I can take a nap soon)

I don't know if anyone believes that dreams have meaning, sometimes I do depending on what dream it is.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Silvia Offline
Average Joe

Name: Silvia

Re: Whats going on here? - May 21st 2012, 01:51 PM

Hey there,

dreams actually have meaning. Normally they are a manifiestation of the unconscious part of our minds. When we are asleep, it's like our more rational part lets those unconscious thoughts flow, without having to hide them somewhere in our minds.

While we dream, we can solve problems we can't when we are being rational, or our fears are exposed, or some kind of traumatic stuff comes out, something that worries you or makes u happy,... It can be whatever, and you have to look into yourself to find out what they mean (if u want, if u don't it's okay)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Whats going on here? - May 23rd 2012, 05:44 PM

Sometimes, dreams have meaning... and sometimes, a dream is just a random event, nothing more and nothing less. Based on my experiences, dreams tend to be random (the other day, I dreamed about playing a game where everyone was getting poisoned by a villainous man - if you want to say that the dream held some kind of hidden meaning for me, then I will disagree with you). As Silvia said, though, sometimes we will dream about things because they've been on our mind for a while, or because we were recently thinking about them. For example, if you recently recalled a time when you were bullied, you may have a dream about being bullied. If you're worried about an exam before you go to sleep, you may have a dream where you fail to wake up on time, arrive to class flustered, and ultimately fail an exam.

Honestly, I would only be concerned if this was a recurring dream. We all have an occasional bad dream, and putting your whole life on hold in order to resolve something that happened years ago may not be practical. If you've moved on, and you only dream about the previous event from time to time, then I don't think it's a sign you have deeper, serious issues to sort through. If you were having this nightmare on a regular basis, though, then that might be worth looking in to.

Closed Thread