TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
escape♥ Offline
Happiness is waiting for you<3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Paula

Unhappy Help me please..? I dont know what to do... - June 3rd 2012, 09:49 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So, hey there. Thanks for reading this. :3
So about a year ago i was diagnosed with non-purging bulimia, and went to therapy, until my therapist felt i would be okay on my own. For a while, i did okay, but recently (past month or so) I have felt depressed, cut a few times, and had some suicidal thoughts. I tried to tell my parents when i cut, but they basically underwhelmed the situation, and told me i could talk to them or figure it out myself. Now we're probably going to move, and I'm afraid I'm going to get worse. My boyfriend thinks i need to see a therapist, but i can't tell my parents..and i dont know what to do?
Any advice please?

BTW, i have a thyroid (organ that controls your hormones) problem that made me depressed when i became bulimic, but now i take medicince and i recently checked it and its okay so idk..

If you're looking for a sign not to kill yourself tonight, this is it.
"May the odds be ever in your favour"
"A strong person is one who can smile this morning like they weren't crying last night."
Your never alone, I'm always here for you. Shoot me a VM or PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
loganemmy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Emily

Re: Help me please..? I dont know what to do... - June 4th 2012, 05:11 AM

I would go see a therapist. Why can't you tell your parents that you want to go to a therapist? I only suggest a therapist because sometimes talking to somebody who you aren't emotionally attached to and a person who isn't emotionally attached to you is the best kind of person to talk too.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Odyne Offline
The Goddess Of Pain
I've been here a while

Name: Lucy

Re: Help me please..? I dont know what to do... - June 4th 2012, 08:58 AM

Please, go see a therapist. You need some help.
Tell your parents how serious it is. That you need help.
Please, stay strong. If you ever need anything, just PM me.

Hugs
Lucy

(#4 (permalink)) Old
will was here Offline
You're stronger than you think
Average Joe

Name: Will!

Re: Help me please..? I dont know what to do... - June 4th 2012, 06:03 PM

this may be common sense but a good diet can go a long way. Often unhealthy foods can lead to depression. also it may be helpful to know that when your really depressed it's a good idea to try to do things that could potentially make you feel good. Like going swimming or hanging out with friends even if those ideas seem like bad ones at the time just do them anyway even if you feel there's no point. You have to force yourself into places that will benefit you.

truly
will was here

flower
hello my heart where have you been
I missed you when you left
you ran away with that senseless boy
and left me dim and dry
like a faded flower in the mist

Come back my heart. you have a home here
In this place that is my soul
I want to feel like whole again. don't waste your time with him

Have faith my heart. You'll get a second chance
come back to me and you will not be alone
  Send a message via AIM to will was here  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
escape♥ Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Help me please..? I dont know what to do... - June 4th 2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganemmy View Post
I would go see a therapist. Why can't you tell your parents that you want to go to a therapist? I only suggest a therapist because sometimes talking to somebody who you aren't emotionally attached to and a person who isn't emotionally attached to you is the best kind of person to talk too.

Thanks you guys :3 good advice. about this post ^^ I tryed to tell my parents, but they pretty much underwhelmed the situation. Plus, money's a little tight so I don't know if we could afford it or not /: Anyways, thanks for all the help!
Hugs
~paula

"A strong person is one who can smile this morning like they weren't crying last night."

(#6 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Help me please..? I dont know what to do... - June 4th 2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDarkMagicx View Post
Thanks you guys :3 good advice. about this post ^^ I tryed to tell my parents, but they pretty much underwhelmed the situation. Plus, money's a little tight so I don't know if we could afford it or not /: Anyways, thanks for all the help!
Hugs
~paula
Depending on where you live, you may be able to find non-profit organizations that offer sliding scale fees to clients (meaning that they'll lower their normal fees in order to accommodate you). Also, there are licensed therapists, therapist interns, and therapist trainees. Interns and trainees tend to charge much less than licensed therapists, but they can still be very beneficial, and they are supervised by licensed therapists. If there isn't a non-profit organization nearby that offers psych services, I would call a few licensed therapists and state how much you're willing to pay per session (ex. $20). If they can't lower their fees to that amount (most can't), then ask if they could refer you to a few interns and/or trainees. Chances are they know a few, or know a colleague who supervises interns and/or trainees. =)

(#7 (permalink)) Old
escape♥ Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Help me please..? I dont know what to do... - June 5th 2012, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY View Post
Depending on where you live, you may be able to find non-profit organizations that offer sliding scale fees to clients (meaning that they'll lower their normal fees in order to accommodate you). Also, there are licensed therapists, therapist interns, and therapist trainees. Interns and trainees tend to charge much less than licensed therapists, but they can still be very beneficial, and they are supervised by licensed therapists. If there isn't a non-profit organization nearby that offers psych services, I would call a few licensed therapists and state how much you're willing to pay per session (ex. $20). If they can't lower their fees to that amount (most can't), then ask if they could refer you to a few interns and/or trainees. Chances are they know a few, or know a colleague who supervises interns and/or trainees. =)

Thanks so much for the knowledgable advice! However, my mom seems to think its "normal" so i'll probably find some good coping strategies and just deal with it myself. /: i'll be okay..

Closed Thread