TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Minimax Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question What's wrong with me :S (sorry its long) - June 7th 2012, 02:22 PM

Hello everybody
I'm new here so I'm sorry if it seems like I'm trying to force myself into a pre-established community :/ just tell me if you think I should go away, I'll understand
Anyway the reason I don't know if I should be on here is because I don't know if I'm actually wrong in the head or if I'm just a wuss
I find that if given the opportunity i will drastically over think even the smallest thing and randomly become very paranoid of things, both of these result in me getting incredibly fearful and on occasions I've been known to freeze and have trouble breathing while the only thing i can hear or feel is my heart pounding
I have a unconscious reaction to stressful situations that involves scratching inner crease of my right arm, this has resulted in what look like SH but I swear it isn't!
I have no idea what's wrong with me or if I'm just useless :/ I know my nan had depression but I don't think my 'symptoms' match up :S
I'm sorry if this has been I waste of your time, maybe I should just grow a pair...
P.s i apologies that I sound very arrogant in this, I don't mean to I just can't help it

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Unknown10 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: What's wrong with me :S (sorry its long) - June 7th 2012, 02:57 PM

Hi there,

Welcome to Teenhelp! Don't worry, you are not forcing yourself into our community, you are very welcome here just as everybody else is. My name's Lex by the way.

To me it sounds like it may be possible that you have a form of anxiety which causes the paranoia, however here at Teenhelp we are not medical professionals and cannot give any diagnosis', we can only provide our support and advice to the best of our abilities. What I would suggest is maybe booking an appointment to visit your GP/Doctor and talking about all of this to them and they can work with you to help you as best as possible. This may involve talking to a counsellor or somebody who can work with you to talk through different situations which may cause you to become paranoid and stressed. Hopefully then things will start to get better for you.

I hope I have been of some help.

Take care,

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Minimax Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: What's wrong with me :S (sorry its long) - June 7th 2012, 03:29 PM

Thank you
Okay, I wasn't sure if I would be a burden :/
Oh okay, what's that mean? :S can I get help for that? I try to act normal but I know people can see I'm not normal :/
I don't know if I could speak to him though, I've barely ever met my GP
Ive contemplated going to get checked a few times but I end up feeling dizzy and get my freeze scratch no air feeling again at the thought
He probebly has other people to help aswell and I would dread wasting his time coz I'm too chicken to speak :/
I want to end the constant worrying but Im too useless do it alone and I'm too useless to get help...
Thank you for replying it's very kind of you

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Odyne Offline
The Goddess Of Pain
I've been here a while

Name: Lucy

Re: What's wrong with me :S (sorry its long) - June 7th 2012, 03:34 PM

Welcome. I'm glad you decided to join teenhelp.

It could be stress, severe depression or anxiety. It could be many things, and we can't tell you 'what's wrong' - only a doctor can do that.
Go tell a doctor, you need help. Right now.

If you ever need anything, feel free to send me a PM.
Take care and stay strong,
Lucy

private message & visitor message
I'm here for you, if you need to talk.

I am beginning to measure myself in strength, not pounds. Sometimes in smiles.
Laurie Halse Anderson, Wintergirls

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: What's wrong with me :S (sorry its long) - June 7th 2012, 03:55 PM

Hi there,

Firstly, welcome to teenhelp. It's great to see you around here You don't needs to think you're forcing yoruself into the teenhelp community and we defineately wouldn't want you to go. I am really glad you found the site and that you have posted in this forum for some help.

Like Sea Monkey said, we're not medically trained and therefore we can not tell you what or even if there is a problem and we can not diognose you. It might be you are struggling with a mental health problem such as anxiety but it might be something else. Also, don't compare your symptoms to other people's illnesses. Symptoms can be different and so can illnessess. I highly adivse to you to see your doctor if you're worried about your health. They'll be able to help you.

I hope you are well,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Minimax Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: What's wrong with me :S (sorry its long) - June 7th 2012, 04:39 PM

Thank you
I joined because I felt that I could speak about it on here, which is something I can't do face to face
I understand I can't be diognosed on here, thank you for all your help though, I put it down to stress when I first realised I was acting differently but its been years since I started feeling unable and fretful, I guess I should go to the doctors but I'm terrified what he may find, I just want to live normaly without being held back, if u don't get help its me holding myself bad but if I get help I'm scared they will hold me back :/
I didn't mean to compare myself, I just wasn't sure if my man could have had any effect (I never met her)
I am truely sorry I don't know what to do or how to do it, I must seem pitiful :/ so I am truely grateful you have spend your time to help somone like me

(#7 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: What's wrong with me :S (sorry its long) - June 8th 2012, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimax View Post
Thank you
I joined because I felt that I could speak about it on here, which is something I can't do face to face
I understand I can't be diognosed on here, thank you for all your help though, I put it down to stress when I first realised I was acting differently but its been years since I started feeling unable and fretful, I guess I should go to the doctors but I'm terrified what he may find, I just want to live normaly without being held back, if u don't get help its me holding myself bad but if I get help I'm scared they will hold me back :/
I didn't mean to compare myself, I just wasn't sure if my man could have had any effect (I never met her)
I am truely sorry I don't know what to do or how to do it, I must seem pitiful :/ so I am truely grateful you have spend your time to help somone like me
Hello, and welcome to TeenHelp! =)

When people think of depression, anxiety, etc. they don't always think about the biological component. Even though we label depression and anxiety as "mental" disorders, we occasionally treat them with medication, which is something you would do with a "medical" disorder. It may help for you to think about your symptoms in that way. If you were feeling ill for months and months, you wouldn't keep that to yourself - you would get help from a doctor, because those symptoms could indicate that something serious is going on. I know that it can be scary to see a doctor and talk about all of this, but just think of it like any other illness you might have. =)

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Minimax Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: What's wrong with me :S (sorry its long) - June 8th 2012, 02:53 PM

Wow, I never thought of it that way
I'm sorry I had to complicate it so much
I think I will see my GP about it, I just need to grow a pair first :P
I'm still worried that whatever result happens, if nothing's medically wrong then I've just been a burden and everyone will think I'm attention seeking but if I am diagnosed I'll be a burden on my family and the doctor :S On top of that what if I start panicking during seeing him?
I hope I can still come back here once I've seen him though, you all seem so kind

(#9 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: What's wrong with me :S (sorry its long) - June 8th 2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Wow, I never thought of it that way
I'm sorry I had to complicate it so much
I think I will see my GP about it, I just need to grow a pair first :P
I'm still worried that whatever result happens, if nothing's medically wrong then I've just been a burden and everyone will think I'm attention seeking but if I am diagnosed I'll be a burden on my family and the doctor :S On top of that what if I start panicking during seeing him?
I hope I can still come back here once I've seen him though, you all seem so kind
Of course you can keep coming back! =) I've noticed a "theme" with your posts: there's a lot of apologizing and worrying about being a burden to people. I'm just wondering, what makes you think you have to apologize or worry about the effect you're having on others? I realize this way of thinking may be due to one or more mental illnesses, so I'm encouraging and challenging you to stop for a moment and try something new with us.

First, take a piece of paper and fold it into 3 sections. On the left-hand side, write down some of the thoughts you've had after joining this website, such as, "I'm forcing myself onto a pre-established community," and, "I'm bothering people and should probably just go away." Next, write down some of the thoughts you've had about the idea of having a mental illness in general, such as, "If it's not medical, then I'm just a wuss." Next, write down some of the thoughts you've had about seeing a doctor, such as, "If he doesn't find anything wrong, he'll think I'm stupid/crazy," and, "I might have a panic attack while I'm there, and it will be embarrassing." Finally, write down some of the thoughts you've had about talking to your parents and friends, such as, "I'll be a burden on my family," and, "They'll think I'm attention seeking." These are just ideas, of course - I want you to write everything down in your own words, whatever it is you're thinking.

Next, in the middle portion (to the right of each thought you wrote down), think about the potential consequences to having these thoughts, and write them down. For example, if you thought, "I'm bothering people and should probably just go away," you might not have joined TeenHelp and given it a chance, or you might have posted once but avoided creating a second thread in the future because you didn't want to "bother" people with a second concern. I'm sure you can think of consequences for having every thought on your list, so go ahead and write them down, and think about those consequences for a moment.

Finally, on the right-hand side, start disputing the thoughts you wrote down on the left-hand side, using evidence to support your disputes. For example, if you thought, "I'm bothering people and should probably just go away," take a look at the responses on this thread. Members have said things like, "You are very welcome here," "I'm glad you decided to join TeenHelp," and, "We definitely wouldn't want you to go." There is plenty of evidence to show that thinking that particular thought is... well... not based in reality! =) So whenever that thought pops into your mind again, remind yourself of the evidence you've found, and tell yourself, "No, that's not true, stop thinking that way and just ask for help!"

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Minimax Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: What's wrong with me :S (sorry its long) - June 8th 2012, 09:10 PM

Oh, my bad, I didn't realise :S people have told me I should stop apologising before, I find it difficult though, I don't want to seem rude (That sounds realy arrogant :S) and I don't want to be in the way of people when they are going about theire lives, that's why I need to apologies when I constantly leeching onto people instead of helping myself :/
Yeah that sounds like it could be realy helpful I do feel that sometimes i may over react but i find it difficult to differentiate from when i should wordy and when i shouldnt so that sounds like an amazing idea, thank you very much you didn't have to go to so much effort for me though, I hope I didn't make you feel like you needed to :S

(#11 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: What's wrong with me :S (sorry its long) - June 8th 2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Oh, my bad, I didn't realise :S people have told me I should stop apologising before, I find it difficult though, I don't want to seem rude (That sounds realy arrogant :S) and I don't want to be in the way of people when they are going about theire lives, that's why I need to apologies when I constantly leeching onto people instead of helping myself :/
Yeah that sounds like it could be realy helpful I do feel that sometimes i may over react but i find it difficult to differentiate from when i should wordy and when i shouldnt so that sounds like an amazing idea, thank you very much you didn't have to go to so much effort for me though, I hope I didn't make you feel like you needed to :S
You're doing it again. I wouldn't have responded with all of that unless I wanted to.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Minimax Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: What's wrong with me :S (sorry its long) - June 9th 2012, 05:59 AM

I'll try to stop :L but please don't think I'm being rude
Well in that case, thank you very much, I'm definatly going to try it, I don't know how well I'll do it though :/ :P

Closed Thread