TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Did I make a horrible mistake? - June 9th 2012, 08:32 PM

I wish I could post anon because this is too embarrassing.... but oh well.

I am a girl and earlier, I was looking for warning signs of a pedeophile because I am fearing someone in my family is becoming one or has been one but I was oblivious to it until now. Well a few of these warning signs describe me even though I have never done anything to harm a child in any shape or form and will utterly get pissed off if someone else does. I love kids. Well these three of the warning signs that came off a psychology site were these:

1.Likes to wrestle around,tickling or get a child to sit in there lap. I do this a lot...but I guess now,I am realizing I am doing it too much maybe?

2. constantly offers to babysit.... I love to babysit my little nephew Matthew, and don't mind too when asked and I even ask if he can stay over alot.

3.I act like a child when playing sometime when we are playing a game like tag sometime outside. or I will go in my little brother's room and play with him when he playing with his toys like his action figures, his trucks or outside in the sandbox etc.

Are this signs jokes to make others feel bad? To make one think and accidently brainwash themselves into thinking they might becoming a pedeo when they are not? Oh dear, I am scared . I am 21 year old who loves kids.... and didn't know those were any type of signs at all.

Last edited by Risewiththefallen; June 9th 2012 at 09:06 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Did I make a horrible mistake? - June 9th 2012, 09:29 PM

Do you have a sexual interest in children? If you don't, then you're not a pedophile - you're just an adult who loves to be affectionate with children. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I think you may be over-thinking all of this. Unfortunately, psychology websites and online questionnaires can make people paranoid, because the criteria/symptoms are so broad that they could apply to just about anyone! I wouldn't rely on those kinds of sources in the future.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Did I make a horrible mistake? - June 9th 2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY View Post
Do you have a sexual interest in children? If you don't, then you're not a pedophile - you're just an adult who loves to be affectionate with children. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I think you may be over-thinking all of this. Unfortunately, psychology websites and online questionnaires can make people paranoid, because the criteria/symptoms are so broad that they could apply to just about anyone! I wouldn't rely on those kinds of sources in the future.

No not all at.... thanks for the reply. I guess I was kind of overthinking this..

Closed Thread