TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
blurryface Offline
|-/
Senior TeenHelper

Name: anathema

Weird Dreams - July 17th 2012, 05:48 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but here goes :/

I've been having weird dreams quite a bit about doing drugs. I just had one last night, but this is not the first time. Or the second or the third. I've had several dreams over the last six months about smoking cigarettes and weed and snorting cocaine. (I've only ever smoked cigarettes and weed in my entire life. That's all I've ever done.) The last time I smoked weed was February '12 and the last time I smoked cigarettes was April '12. Also, the last time I drank alcohol was May 13, 2012. I've wanted to smoke cigarettes because they calm me down, more or less, and I've wanted to drink, but I've never wanted to smoke weed again. It just didn't do anything for me, so the temptation to go back is never there. Perhaps out of rebellion would I smoke it again, but that's pretty much it.
I'd ask my parents if this is normal or not, but then again I wouldn't. I don't want them to lecture me again and again.
In one of the dreams I had of smoking cigarettes, I was with my friend in my front yard and we were trying to finish a pack before my mom came home. In the one where I was snorting cocaine, I was like, crying and hiding from my friends. In the dream last night, I was smoking weed and behaving very erratically, when in reality, I've never been high.
I guess I just don't understand why I'm having all these dreams, and I just wanna know if this is normal.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Weird Dreams - July 18th 2012, 11:58 PM

For me, my dreams are almost always influenced (either directly or indirectly) by whatever I've thought about or experienced throughout the day. You said you've wanted to smoke cigarettes again, so I'm not surprised you had a dream about smoking cigarettes. If you're having cravings for cigarettes and thinking about them throughout the day, then you're more likely to have a dream about smoking cigarettes at some point. From there, it's not a far stretch to dream about other drugs, as you seem to have experimented with a number of substances. In your "dream world," it could all be closely connected, so even if you don't think about cocaine very often while you're awake, since your brain indirectly connects all the different substances together, you may end up dreaming about cocaine.

I wouldn't worry too much about these dreams. You've had several dreams, but they've been spread out over the course of six months, so in the grand scheme of things, that's not too alarming. It might be a different story if you were having these dreams almost every night. I would say this is pretty "normal," given what I've personally experienced with dreams. Do these dreams upset you or affect your life in a negative way, or are they just something you've been concerned about because you don't know if it's "normal" or not?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
blurryface Offline
|-/
Senior TeenHelper

Name: anathema

Re: Weird Dreams - July 19th 2012, 07:28 PM

Now they're just starting to freak me out because I want to stop doing drugs and stop drinking for good. The cravings are still there, and it's what I want to do, but it's not what I want. They're not really affecting me in any other way. I just... I don't know. I guess I was just concerned if it was normal or not.

Closed Thread