TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Veni Vidi Vici Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Question Has Anyone Else Felt Like This? - August 12th 2012, 08:52 AM

Hello guys, I've been feeling a certain way lately. It's kind of hard to describe but I'll try to explain anyway:

It's a very empty feeling. Almost as if I'm emotionless... I'm not necessarily depressed though, Ive just been chugging along, doing everyday activities like a robot. I've just been feeling a little sadness from certain things that have come up.

It feels like there's a part of me that's missing, but I can't exactly point it out. It feels like I'm just an empty person going about my daily routine.

So has anybody felt like this? It's so frustrating because I can't get rid of it! I'm planning on going job hunting in the next few days but I fear this thing I have will show and will make it hard for me to even get an interview!

Carpe Diem: Seize the Day/Moment. -Horace

Veni, Vidi, Vici: I came, I saw, I conquered -Julius Caesar

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MidnightMay Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Has Anyone Else Felt Like This? - August 12th 2012, 07:08 PM

I know how that is I just call it the gunk. I have recently been in it too! I just roll through the motions of everything and don't care about anything. When I do that my husband usually ask me what is wrong and I never know exactly what it is.

feel free to PM me...

Always keep a smile on your face and Lots of love in you heart! <3

Dont wear a mask and suffocate
take it off and breathe

Earth without ART is just EH...

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Has Anyone Else Felt Like This? - August 13th 2012, 05:49 PM

I've gone through phases like this - I'm not outright depressed, but I feel somewhat indifferent and "empty." Whenever I find myself going through my daily routine and feeling like that, I shake up my daily routine. I do something fun and spontaneous, or I re-examine my goals (and often discover I'm not making much progress toward them) and find that passion/excitement to work toward them again. Generally, that solves my problem. =) I think finding a job may be a key factor in turning things around - it will be something new and exciting, it will change your daily routine, and it will give you something to work toward.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Veni Vidi Vici Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Has Anyone Else Felt Like This? - August 14th 2012, 08:45 AM

Thanks for the responses guys!

PSY: I can totally relate, but I'm afraid this could turn into some kind of depression. I haven't talked to my friends in 2 months after a fight we had and I just recently discovered the girl I never had the chance to confess to might be moving far away in the near future for university. Hopefully, as you said, looking for a job may help shake things up. I'll really be rooting for that to happen as I don't want to be feeling like this going into the school year! :/

Carpe Diem: Seize the Day/Moment. -Horace

Veni, Vidi, Vici: I came, I saw, I conquered -Julius Caesar

Closed Thread