TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
blairbear123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy help? - August 20th 2012, 08:46 PM

I know a lot of siblings have fights sometimes, but what my sibling says really hurts me. A lot. They say sticks and stones may break your bones but words can never hurt you, but what if those words are your own? What if those words are just him saying out loud what I already believe? I cry so easily and I just don't know what to do. I don't like myself very much. I honestly just feel trapped inside my own head? And it seems like my sibling is almost ... A parasite, sucking the life out of me. The parasite strikes when it knows I'm at my weakest. Idk, I'm just looking for any tips on how to ignore the insults and feel better?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: help? - August 20th 2012, 09:10 PM

What I used to do when people said hurtful things to me was focus on points that I felt were positive about myself. It might be hard to think of anything at first, but everyone has positive traits. Try to fill a page with positive things, like being sensitive, being there for people, being understanding, being tall, being short, having nice hair, being creative, etc..
Whenever someone says anything mean to you it's because they feel jealous or threatened of you by the way. It's rare that people are mean just to be mean, usually they're trying to cover something up about themselves or they're trying to make you feel as bad as they do.
While words do hurt, ultimately it's all in your head. They can only hurt you if you let them.

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
Closed Thread