TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lorelei Offline
Resident Nerd
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Laura

Force me into some optimism, please? - September 18th 2012, 06:46 AM

Hullo. So I've been through this before, and I'm sure many of you have also. But when you're in the middle of it, it just feels like there's no way out.

I have an exam, a paper, a project, a quiz, a club meeting (I am secretary), and a study group meeting all happening/due tomorrow. School started mid-August, and even though I am averaging A's/B's in everything so far and I have a job I like, I feel like I am about to lose my mind. I have been losing sleep and procrastinating on schoolwork, even my favorite subjects. I am usually alert enough to get all these things done, and I know I'm smart enough, but my brain blocks out everything and replaces it with "you fucking idiot, you'll never get this done, just go back to bed." The stuff I'm getting done is based off willpower and my supportive friends, but it's 10x harder now.

My mind feels fuzzy and gray, I'm losing motivation to do anything other than the bare minimum, and everything just feels like it hurts. I have felt on the verge of tears (but unable to cry) for weeks.

Why? Why is this going on?? Last spring was insane and I didn't feel this hopeless then.

"How dare I? Because it is the truth." -Jane Eyre

"You do what you love, and f#%* the rest." -Little Miss Sunshine

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Force me into some optimism, please? - September 18th 2012, 08:04 PM

We all have our limits, and it sounds like you may be "burning out" because you have such a full plate. Just because you could handle it last semester doesn't mean you can handle it six months later (or indefinitely). As far as encouragement for tomorrow (or today) goes, you can tell yourself, "It's just a little while longer - in x number of hours, it'll all be over, and I can relax for a little bit." Long-term, I'd suggest re-arranging your priorities, or finding better ways to balance everything (ex. being more efficient with studies/not procrastinating as much). I can't "force" you to be optimistic, but I will say that things can get better for you. This situation is temporary, and all you need to do is power through it until you can find a way to relieve yourself of some of these stressors. =)

Closed Thread