TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lokaylee Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kaylee

He follows me everywhere. His name is M. - October 14th 2012, 12:41 AM

There is a man, who follows me and speaks to me. I see him, and I don't. I hear him, and I don't. It's hard to explain. Here's a post from my Tumblr to better explain:

"His nameÖwell, I donít speak it. Weíll call him M. M follows me everywhere I go. He has for a long time, but I was not aware of it until recently. He is like a shadow. He knows how I tick and makes use of that knowledge by beating me with taunts and threats. He says he will burn me. He says he will make sure I suffer. He says I am pathetic, worthless, and should kill myself. I know not to listen to M because Iíve attempted suicide four times; Iím obviously meant to stay here. I know M is not real but that doesnít make him any less scary. He doesnít let me sleep at night. I mean, usually he does after a while, but now that Iíve given him the fear that he wonít ever let me sleep, he probably wonít now. M wears a suit and always has his hands in his jacket pockets. He laughs at my and my therapistís conversations about him. She suggests that heís narcissistic. I think he just knows that talking about him will only make him stronger."

My imagination...projects him into my life. That's how I explain it.

It's tearing my life apart. Please help. What do I do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: He follows me everywhere. His name is M. - October 14th 2012, 02:29 AM

Hallucinations can be caused by a number of medical issues and mental disorders. It's important to figure out what's causing "M" to appear so the underlying problem can be treated. I'm surprised your therapist hasn't 1) referred you to a regular doctor (to rule out general medical conditions) and 2) referred you to a psychological professional who specializes in psychotic disorders (to rule out schizophrenia).

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Lokaylee Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kaylee

Re: He follows me everywhere. His name is M. - October 14th 2012, 03:43 PM

Oh, my therapist is having me see my primary psychiatrist as soon as possible, and he may recommend another EEG or something. I've had tests done before for episodes I used to have and other things, but nothing was found. My therapist doesn't think I'm schizophrenic. I honestly don't think I am either. She thinks it could be medical, because I've had previous things like strange episodes, derealization, hypersensitivity, and now this.

Closed Thread