TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kathryn x
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kathryn Dow

Question Is this normal?? - October 29th 2012, 10:25 PM

I don't really know how to say this.. but does anybody else want to kill someone?? I don't mean like when you're really annoyed with someone and you're like "god, I could strangle them!!" For example, with me, I was on the train the other day and there was this man stood opposite me and I suddenly really started to hate him. Like, loathe him entirely, and I had no idea who he was, never met him before, and he hadn't done anything wrong. It got so bad that I had to turn away, I couldn't face looking at him.
I daydream a lot about murder as well. I'm not scared about acting on these thoughts at all, they're just creeping me out. It creeps me out even more because I know my dad had problems with Schizophrenia in the past and I think I heard it's hereditary?
I have no idea what's going on, and I'm ashamed. Someone help?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Re: Is this normal?? - October 31st 2012, 01:15 PM

I do this. Some people I look at and think, "you just don't deserve to be alive." Think about stabbing people and such a lot. Wont act on them though, they're just horrible thoughts.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
purplemask Offline
Average Joe

Name: Regina

Re: Is this normal?? - November 1st 2012, 02:10 AM

I feel like this might not be normal...maybe you could talk to a counselor about it? It might have an underlying problem or reason.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MidnightMay Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Is this normal?? - November 2nd 2012, 12:14 AM

I do this a lot but never act on it. I do agree with above you should find someone to walk to about it. I get asked about it because wanting to hurt someone so bad could lead to actually acting on it. NOT SAYING YOU ARE!! Just saying what if it did happen because it is possible.

feel free to PM me...

Always keep a smile on your face and Lots of love in you heart! <3

Dont wear a mask and suffocate
take it off and breathe

Earth without ART is just EH...

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Kathryn x
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kathryn Dow

Re: Is this normal?? - November 2nd 2012, 06:21 PM

Thanks for the advise everyone. I would really love to speak to someone but I'm terrified about seeing a counseller. I know where to go to speak to one and all I need to do is email them, but I'm worried about it for some reason.. Has anyone seen a counseller or something similar before who could reassure me and tell me what it's like?? Thanks.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
MidnightMay Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Is this normal?? - November 3rd 2012, 01:24 AM

I go once a week and still see my old one every two weeks because I am in the process of switching back to her. It is scary but I think it is well worth it. If you have any questions PM me and I can answer anything.

feel free to PM me...

Always keep a smile on your face and Lots of love in you heart! <3

Dont wear a mask and suffocate
take it off and breathe

Earth without ART is just EH...

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Is this normal?? - November 3rd 2012, 11:28 AM

Hey there, this is my way to create new chapters of my books. But, yeah, therapists are easy to talk to once you're comfortable with them. They don't really ask those dumb questions like 'and how does that make you feel?' well, depends on who you go to. Mine is too nice and it is hard to get into the root of the problem seeing as I have too many defence mechanisms but therapists are reasonably good at high prices. They can delve into the deep dark recesses of your heart if you let them.

Have fun,

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
BillieRose88 Offline
Then I defy you, stars!
Average Joe

Name: Sofia

Re: Is this normal?? - November 3rd 2012, 10:37 PM

When I'm washing the dishes and I'm holding a rather large knife I think about how easy it would be to turn around and just stab my step dad. I have nothing against him- well, not untill last night. He's a very, very lovely man but I've always thought it. I'm sounding crazy- perhaps there is something wrong with us? :/

How about a kiss, Saumensh?

Closed Thread