TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lumbrirus Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question Bipolar disorder x Anxiety - November 2nd 2012, 03:25 AM

I was diagnosed by the age of 8 (I know. I had some problems in school and went to the psychologist to see what was going on and guess what) and received the treatment my child body could handle. I didn't get any better, partly because since that age I was smart enough (at least I think it worked lol) to control the doctor and say only what I wanted her to hear and, that way, to conclude what I wanted her to conclude. By the way, that's a good point. I was very controlling and persuasive, also someone who compulsively hurt people with words without thinking and until I was 13, a hypochondriac.
Anyway, by the age of 10 (I think), I was not seeing my psychologist. I stopped the treatment and got free of doctors. My mom never worried about that - I don't really think she thinks my disorder is something serious. She makes fun of it sometimes, like when filling a form on the "Mental ill" she usually says "Bipolarity" and laughs like she is saying something funny. Well, anyway (good heavens, I type a lot) I've never seen a psychologist since then. I went through some phases of depression and sadness (like how I'm feeling right now) and some (and this is pretty, pretty common) phases of empty. Sometimes I feel happy too, but feeling empty seems more common. What really bothers me is that I have serious problems with anxiety too (since I'm 10, I think). They are so serious that I got into the hospital because I was sick (like, vomiting and things) just because of anxiety. I don't know that much about bipolar disorder, but I think anxiety is not related. I once read that sometimes anxiety is confused with bipolar disorder. So I was think: do I have bipolar disorder or anxiety? Or both?

Sorry for the long text.

Ps: I have problems with sleeping (sometimes I sleep too much, sometimes I can't barely close my eyes. My anxiety (or panic, idk) is still very bad and I still vomit/feel a terrible pain in my chest because of it.

Last edited by lumbrirus; November 2nd 2012 at 03:32 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: Bipolar disorder x Anxiety - November 2nd 2012, 04:27 AM

Most people who have problems with bipolar disorder also have anxiety problems, they actually occur together very often.
I mean, when you think about it when you have a serious mental health problem (like bipolar) it only makes sense that the associated feelings could cause the person to have bad anxiety.
While nobody here can tell you for certain what you do or don't have, I would urge you to talk to a doctor about this. There are therapy and medications that can go a long way for a person in your situation.

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
lumbrirus Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Bipolar disorder x Anxiety - November 2nd 2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspire View Post
Most people who have problems with bipolar disorder also have anxiety problems, they actually occur together very often.
I mean, when you think about it when you have a serious mental health problem (like bipolar) it only makes sense that the associated feelings could cause the person to have bad anxiety.
While nobody here can tell you for certain what you do or don't have, I would urge you to talk to a doctor about this. There are therapy and medications that can go a long way for a person in your situation.
Thank you for helping But I think your reply is enough for me. I don't really feel like going to a doctor. So I will just stay here with my (now ex) doubt and terrible mix of feeling.

Closed Thread