TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AmiFey Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Exclamation Is something wrong with me? - November 5th 2012, 04:18 PM

I see things others can't. People, animals, shadows that are alive, the stretching of hallways, trails left by movement that look like ghost trails or long exposure on a camera, demons.. Sometimes it's like I have another sense, but other times it's like I'm stuck in a hell that I can't escape. My psychiatrist wants me to tell my mum, but I'm too afraid that the voices and the monsters will get mad at me. They could hurt me or make me hurt someone else. What do I do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
scallensworth Offline
Scallensworth
Average Joe

Name: Rose
Location: Somewhere on my own planet where everyone loves me and I don't have problems

Re: Is something wrong with me? - November 6th 2012, 01:02 AM

I get the same things. They run in my family. I don't know what causes it but I can totally understand seeing/feeling/hearing these things and why you don't want to tell your parents. My mom doesn't know that I can sense these things. I cannot tell you what causes it though. I think it would be interesting to find out what causes it.

Love Is All You Need In Your Life And Love Knows No Gender, Race, Religion, Or Age.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Is something wrong with me? - November 6th 2012, 03:26 AM

What diagnosis (if any) has your psychiatrist provided, and what kind of treatment are you receiving for all of this (ex. medication/therapy)? These things you are seeing and hearing are hallucinations - they are not real, and they cannot hurt you. All they can do is plant ideas/suggestions in your mind, which you may eventually act on. Having social support is very important in situations like these - I'm fairly certain that's why your psychiatrist wants you to tell your mom about what's going on. Perhaps it would be easier if your psychiatrist invited your mom to a session, so that she could receive psychoeducation about what you're experiencing and become a better source of support.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
AmiFey Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Re: Is something wrong with me? - November 6th 2012, 11:33 PM

Right now I have depression, anxiety, pre-borderline personality disorder (not old enough to diagnose, but she's noted the symptoms), and EDNOS, but none of them would cause this as far as I know. I'm on 60 mg of Cymbalta along with 2.5 mg of zyprexa, recently ended DBT, and am in some new therapy now (not totally sure it's a specific kind at the moment, things are a bit wobbly right now).
And they are real. They've hurt me before: scratching, hitting, making me sick.. They do it when I don't do what they say or when they do something I don't like. Like how F tries to get me to hurt or even kill my family and when I don't do it he gets the children to punch and bite me and gets the demons to follow me and he makes me sick sometimes too. I only ever listen to them about things that harm me, except when they put ideas about seriously injuring myself in my head. I usually argue with them about it for a bit and negotiate to something smaller.
But to be honest, part of the time I'm afraid to talk to even my psychiatrist because I'm afraid she'll give me pills to brainwash me or poison me. I'm literally shaking as I type this because I know that I'm not supposed to let out information about their world and I just don't feel safe from them. They could punish me or the government could come try to shut me up or lock me away or have my psychiatrist brainwash me. I'm only posting because I know they already realised that I know and so it won't make a difference. Either way I'm in danger.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Is something wrong with me? - November 7th 2012, 03:15 AM

You may have paranoia cross schizophrenia, depending on your age you should ask if you could at least have a psche analysis to see if there is other underlying conditions.

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Odyne Offline
The Goddess Of Pain
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lucy

Re: Is something wrong with me? - November 7th 2012, 03:24 PM

You should talk to your doctors. I have schizophrenia, and that's how it started when I was little.

But I know borderline can lead to psychosis as well.
We can't diagnose you, so please, talk to your doctor.

Stay strong, sweety. Hugs from Lucy.

private message & visitor message
I'm here for you, if you need to talk.

I am beginning to measure myself in strength, not pounds. Sometimes in smiles.
Laurie Halse Anderson, Wintergirls

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: Is something wrong with me? - November 7th 2012, 03:32 PM

I am going to ask the same questions that Psy did about the specifics of the diagnosis. Visual hallucinations caused by a disorder are very rare and tend to be more on the extreme side, if you are a minor, I can’t imagine that the therapist wouldn’t have already discussed this with your mother.

But if you are an adult, it is up to you on what you do and do not tell people. It would probably be best to talk to her about it, but you don’t have to.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

Closed Thread