TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MadiB Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Madi

I don't know what is wrong with me. - November 24th 2012, 05:52 AM

I hear these voices in my head, and they are all very very different. They don't ridicule me or make me afraid, they are just kind of there. I think they are all very different sides of me. Normally, this wouldn't bother me, but it is getting to the point where I talk, out loud, to them, and we will have a conversation. They each have names and different voices. There is me, sort of reserved, Sophia who is spunky and artistic and really optimistic, and there is Natali who is very depressing and dark. It's so weird because they don't "take over", they just influence me. I remember what I do when they are there, it's just hazy. What's really scaring me is that Natali is depressed and she makes me want to cut (and most the time I give in only to regret it later). Sophia is harmless though... I don't know what's wrong with me...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: I don't know what is wrong with me. - November 24th 2012, 03:18 PM

I would speak to a doctor. What you are experiencing sounds like hallucinations, which can be an indicator of many things (such as lack of sleep, stress, a mental illness, etc.).
It's best to get this sort of thing sorted sooner than later, as it would be best to seek help before it gets worse.

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
MadiB Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Madi

Re: I don't know what is wrong with me. - November 25th 2012, 03:16 AM

Thanks for the advice Richard, but how would I tell someone about this? My friend once told a counselor about her cutting and burning issues and was sent straight to the mental institution. I can't go there. I hate being alone, she said they were no help to her, my parents and friends would hate me, and I would fail all of my classes.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: I don't know what is wrong with me. - November 26th 2012, 03:43 AM

Madi, the only way you can be sent to a mental hospital against your will (or your parents will, as you are under age) is if you are found to be a threat to either yourself or another person. If you don't want to be sent to the mental hospital, I would simply leave the part about cutting out. I only say this because I believe it would be better for you to get help for what's going on, and I would rather you left that out than didn't seek help because of fearing being sent away.
As per how to ask for help. If you don't feel comfortable bringing it up in conversation with anyone at all, what a lot of people do is write a note and leave it somewhere where it will be found by someone like your parents. That way they'll find out and you won't have to be there when they do find out and you'll be able to pick up the conversation without that awkward part in the way. However, I feel it's much more healthy and beneficial if you're able to do it in person, even if that means writing a note and handing it to them to read. It might be hard, but nothing important is ever easy.

I would also like to answer the last paragraph for your most recent thread here, as I don't think it's worth an entire post of its own. Online tests aren't reliable in the least (in fact when I was your age I took both of those tests myself and came out with pretty startling results). These tests are made by people who for the most part only have a mild understanding of psychology, and are mostly made simply as something to compare with your friends. They hold absolutely no value in the real world and I wouldn't take anything they say seriously.

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
Closed Thread