TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
chris1mart Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Christopher

Unhappy Feeling Like Killing myself...!! - January 3rd 2013, 08:19 AM

The worst day of my life....!! i suspect i suffer from Bipolar disorder and i tried telling my parents but they won't listen at all and in return what they say..?? hey you just don't wanna study and you are just giving reasons that you are insane. I also tried tellin' them that i get suicidal thoughts and they say "You piece of **** go and die you coward".....they are taking my condition so casually....they are the worst parents ever. And as i am typing this i am feeling a lot empty and i have no hope left. I sometimes feel excited and full of energy for no reason at all and sometimes i feel like i am the most unluckiest guy in the planet. i seriously dunno what to do. My dad works at a Local newspaper company and he doesn't even get time to take care of our family and my mom also tried to tell my father but he just won't listen, in return he'll divert the attention to my academics. Ever since i got this F*****g disease i started performing really badly at school and it was enough for my father to put the entire blame on me. I am 16 yr old and i'm in high school. i have lost all my friends and i am losing all hope as well. What should i do..?? whom should i tell...?? i seriously don't know. Will my death change my dad's attitude..??

Please Help.....!!

Chris

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Feeling Like Killing myself...!! - January 3rd 2013, 08:55 AM

Hi there,

Suicide is NOT the answer.
Your parents won't know what they're talking about, I think you may have depression, not bipolar.
No matter what other people tell you, don't let them change your thoughts like this, you'r ean AMAZING human being, you're unique and that's what makes you special! There is nothing wrong with seeking help, but maybe scrounge around and see if you can get yourself a therapist appointment or something?

OR, you can send me a message and I'll see what I can do to help you.
I know how it feels to think killing yourself is the right choice, but in all honesty, it isn't. And I'm glad you're reaching out.

Hopefully will talk soon,

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Feeling Like Killing myself...!! - January 5th 2013, 09:42 AM

Hello, and welcome to TeenHelp!

I would start off with the people who are easiest to access. In your case, it will probably be your school counselor(s). They can make themselves available to you when you're in crisis at school, and they may also know of some local resources that are free (ex. support groups). Some schools have school psychologists available as well, so that would obviously be an even better option (school counselors aren't always psychological professionals - they may have some knowledge of mental health issues, but may not be qualified to assess you for mood disorders like bipolar disorder).

If you ever, EVER feel suicidal, don't worry about what your parents think about your mental illness. Call 9-1-1, or whatever the emergency number is in your area. Yes, it will probably upset your parents... but it will also help you get the services you need right away, AND it will be a huge wake-up call for your parents. Frankly, if they hear you are suicidal and do nothing, they are guilty of child neglect, and could face some serious consequences with the authorities for not acting in your best interests.

Just to confirm, were you diagnosed with bipolar disorder by your doctor or a psychological professional? Or did you come to the conclusion that you have bipolar disorder on your own? If you came to the conclusion on your own, then I encourage you to read this article, which discusses the dangers of self-diagnosis. Having an official diagnosis will help you get the services you need - for example, if a doctor has diagnosed you with bipolar disorder, you can receive medication that helps stabilize your mood, as well as therapy sessions, all of which may be covered under your health insurance. If you don't have a diagnosis, then you won't be able to access some services, and people may be less likely to believe you have a mental health issue.
You can read up on that in this article.

Closed Thread