TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Thereishope Offline
Skittles Minion & Fish Thrower
I can't get enough

Name: Michael

Thoughts I shouldnt have/can't run from - January 4th 2013, 01:55 PM

Ok, so it all started when I was about 10 and was exposed to children slightly younger then me. All that happened was massaging, which was always a mutual agreement. We got caught a few times, was told it was "bad" and that we shouldn't be doing it. Yet we saw older people doing it just fine. A few years later it all stopped yet the thoughts etc are still there. I would never act on them now. I just wish my mind would block out the past along with everything associated with it so I can feel more normal. I'm not even sure what I'm really trying to say, or if I've even said to much..I just..idk...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stuckinhell Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sammy

Re: Thoughts I shouldnt have/can't run from - January 5th 2013, 01:27 PM

Hey michael,
Having thoughts that you know are wrong can be really frustrating and scary. I have my own, and i know how angry i get at myself for having them. Unfortunately, i really don't have any answers. But i felt you could do with some encouragement.

You know that you would never act on them. Thats somethign you need to focus on. You can't control your thoughts, but you can control your actions.

I would suggest speaking to a councillor or someone about this. About your past and how it's leading you to have these thoguhts. There are ways to change thought processes, and you may find them helpful. The one that i use, is simple distraction. Whenever my thoughts wonder where i don't want them to. I force myself to do something else- chat with a friend, learn a language, read a book. Anything to occupy my mind x

Closed Thread