TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lt_Welkin Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Welkin Gunther

Yellow Fever; Help! - January 5th 2013, 08:34 AM

I honestly have no clue what to do with myself. One day I just woke up and suddenly preferred asian women over everything. I never once considered asian women before and my whole life has been surrounded by asian childhood friends, acquaintances, neighborhood, and culture; but again, not once have I considered asians (in fact, I preferred white girls over asians).

What's worse is that I developed a mentality that I enjoy being alone and I prefer being alone (plan to be single forever and never be in a relationship ever again). Rather, I plan on getting married with someone known as a waifu once I get a job and my own place because I have a strong fetish for 2d women (Anime characters). I don't plan on changing my 2d fetish because I feel like it makes me happy and I'm pretty sure the point of marriage is to be happy and provide each other with benefits. Knowing me, I can't possibly commit to another human being ever again , but that's another thing. My asian fetish however is contradicting my morals and my 2d goal. I sway away from my goals whenever I see an asian, sit next to one, find out that my fellow guild mates on MMO's are girls all along. etc. I get nervous, annoyed, scared, confused, and horrendously turned on which prevents me from thinking rationally and requiring me to use almost all my strength to resist acting upon my fetish (like talking to them or coming up with awkward meaningless conversations). My physical features also do not help since whenever I see an asian, they probably see me as some short, dark filipino with frizzy hair. (yes, my self confidence in that field is somewhat in the gutter; I do believe I am better in other things but that's besides the point).

I am currently far away from my home and in college where I am either forced or come across asian women on a daily basis, which irritates me.

Is there a way to get rid of this asian fetish? Perhaps a way to be more immune to the female charm in general? This might not sound serious, but I think I'm going quite insane with this fetish since it contradicts everything I live and want to live for.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Yellow Fever; Help! - January 8th 2013, 05:48 AM

Well, for starters, it might help to challenge the idea that you have "fetishes." Maybe the 2D anime could be considered a fetish... but switching from Caucasian women to Asian women doesn't really seem like a fetish to me (since an ethnic group is different from, say, an inanimate object, body part, fantasy theme, etc.). It just seems like your preference changed. You're 18 years old - who says you need to have your sexual preferences figured out at this point in your life, let alone your morals or belief system? All of this can be fluid over time, while you continue to establish your identity. You may think you have yourself completely figured out at 18 years old. Trust me, you can change A LOT over the course of your lifetime - assuming you allow room for change to occur.

Since you seem to be experiencing a significant amount of distress and impairment in your everyday routine, I think it's worth addressing your concerns with a psychological professional. CBT, or cognitive behavior therapy, tends to be a popular choice when dealing with sexual fetishes, and it can also be helpful with challenging the maladaptive thoughts/behaviors that result from self-esteem and anxiety issues. If a psychological professional isn't available (as I don't know where you live), then you could look for support groups that focus on these issues. I don't believe the answer is to block yourself off from the world you live in. It's good to have a certain amount of restraint (ex. not sexually assaulting women), but avoiding them completely is going to cause more problems for you in the long run. Avoidance will lead to more anxiety, and may even intensify the feelings you're having (as Asian women will continue to be "the forbidden fruit" - no pun intended). Learning how to be around Asian women (and even women in general) will better enable you to reach your other goals in life.

Last edited by PSY; January 8th 2013 at 07:09 AM.

Closed Thread