TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SortaPsychotic Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation I have a few questions about something that has been concerning me. - February 23rd 2013, 06:12 AM

Lately I have been wondering if I should be concerned. I know I should be, but I am just wondering to what degree. I have always had this issue since I was a kid, but the older I got the less noticeable it got; I was even starting to forget about it. But over the past few months, it has came back and is significantly worse than before. I would just appreciate it if some of you guys would comment telling me your opinion on the matter. Also, this will be very long, so bare with me, but I feel it needs to be that way for you to understand the circumstances well enough. Now, onto the problem.

I feel I might be a sadist. I might as well start from the beginning, so here goes nothing. When I was little, I had some weird obsessions. For example, I used to be obsessed with medical equipment, which is coming back but not in the same way. I used to be obsessed with things like casts and ace bandages, just things like that. I mean obsessed. It's all I did. Now I like the more scientific part of it all, and things like scalpels, syringes. I love those things, and would love to get my hands on them.

My mom told me that when I was little I didn't really play with toys. I would often just get into things, and play with objects. I do not know how relative that will be, but I figured I would add it in. My weirdest and probably longest lasting obsession of all is an obsession of restraints. I used to have fantasies about tying people up, or imagine myself in the position personally. I would also try to act those things out on dolls since that was the closest thing I could get. I did it quite a lot. When I got a little older and had a DSi I would look up pictures of these things, I loved it.

This died down when I got to be in 6th grade, but now that I am in 8th and beginning to change my interests, it is coming back. Thinking of restraining people just thrills me and send chills down my spine. I now think of a much larger variety of ways to go about it, and I really like thinking about it. The thought seems to slip in more and more.

When I was little, something might have happened.... I am not sure if it is the cause or not, but it could be related. I am not going to tell the whole story; I can't. But I will say parts. When I was little, like always I wouldn't listen to my parents and wouldn't stop climbing on the counter. I slipped off the chair I was using to get up, and smacked my face off the counter. It cut open just above my eye, and I had to get stitches. I don't remember anything but right before I fell, the first and worst part when I was getting the stitches, and I thought I knew the event that followed.

When I went to get my stitches, now that I think back, I think I remember there being a bright overhead light shining above me. When they first tried, I refused, and didn't go down easily. There were multiple doctors, and they had to use force to stitch it all the way. I remember screaming and crying at what they did in order to keep me still, and I remember watching my mom just stand and watch. I was so mad at her for not helping me. I was crying because she didn't stop them. I think she was crying too, but I can't remember.. just thinking of it now makes me burn inside.

Afterward I remember something different. Since I don't remember actually getting the stitches, just the process to get me still, I thought I was there for a bee sting. I remember afterward walking with a wet rag in my shoe (my mom often used baking soda and stuff on my bee stings, so I think that's why), and I had a can of pop in my hands. I was talking to my mom. This didn't happen, I went for stitches, never had a wet rag on my foot, and never had pop. My mom had to tell me this for me to know.

When I would go to my grandma's house, she used to watch shows where people would get hurt. It used to bother me to a very great extent, I hated it. But now, that stuff is purely exciting.

I know when I was little, I convinced my brother to have a "whipping contest" with me. I got a belt for him and had one of my own. I started whipping him over and over again, and didn't stop for a bit. He didn't have a shirt so when it was over he was covered in red marks and was crying.. I enjoyed it.

I am sadistic like I have said before. I loved picturing myself hurting people.. cutting them open, pounding them, breaking their bones, doing anything imaginable. And I don't just enjoy physical harm, I also love the mental stuff as well. I want to bash people's heads in, to wrap my hands around their throat, just anything.

This has become very distracting, almost being the only thing I think about. I get these sudden urges to shove someone into a wall, to kick them in the ribs, to smash their head off stuff, and I can almost physically hear these urges, and half see them. It's usually a very strong mental image, and I can almost feel myself moving and doing the action. Luckily, I can control myself and do not follow the urges, but it has been harder to resist lately.

I thought this might be important to mention. I often wake up to hypnopompic hallucinations, at least that's what I think they are. I can't think of anything else that they could be. I would say false awakenings, but some of them would disagree with that. It also happens when I am trying to stay awake, but keep dozing for a minute then jerk awake again. It happens in wakes: basically every day for a week, then a week or two without. It is always like that.

I cannot stress it enough, how much pleasure pain in others causes me. It gets my heart beating, my mind racing, I get very excited, and I do not know any pleasure like it. Almost nothing else makes me happy. It makes me feel amazing, warm inside; all feelings nothing else can cause.

I am a generally emotionless person, and a lot of people have told me this. I just don't feel it, and I certainly don't get love. I tried thinking about what love felt like.... but I honestly couldn't even get myself to feel it towards my family or siblings. My sister seems like a roommate, not a sister. When talking to people, I usually fake emotions. I may look like I feel something, but on the inside I am usually empty.

I went through a short period where I actually felt emotion, and wasn't used to it. So I freaked out and thought I was bipolar and everything.. but that quickly passed and now I am back to my original flat, apathetic state that I was in before.

I do not get the severity of many things, and do not understand importance either. I do not regret the things I do. I once smashed a bird house that belonged to someone else, the township maybe. But later I started to feel guilt; not guilt for smashing it, it was guilt for not doing it hard enough.

I have started disregarding the rules more and more lately, just as I did when I was little. When I was a kid I never followed the rules, I made my own decisions, and that was right to me. I hate rules, they are crap that keep me from doing what I love.

I am also losing my motivation. I used to try my best in school, not as much now. I am getting lazy, I don't want to do that stuff. I honestly just want to go and beat on someone. I can't get myself to work like I used to.

I feel dead inside every day.... I use my energy to not attack people... When I get around people... I get all weird inside, sometimes I can't breathe. It is because I am trying to not strangle them. Some people, if they walk next to me a fire explodes within me. I start shaking from the effort, I can't concentrate, can't speak right sometimes, I am just in misery. This has been happening quite a lot.

At night I lay in bed, thinking about what I want. Then I get infuriated when I realize I can't do it, sometimes I start crying. Because I can't do those things... and because I am afraid that one day I might actually do those things. It scares me in some aspects.

One more thing, when I am in bed I can almost start to hear people talking. It doesn't always sound exactly physical.. it's hard to explain. I don't know how to word it. But I can basically hear it, and sometimes it will be loud and hurt my ears for a second.. I don't know how to put it.

I have said everything I find necessary, and feel like putting. I would really appreciate it if some people would read all of this and tell me what they think of it. What should I do? Should I be concerned? What could it be? Is it at least relatively normal? Things like that.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Surreygirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I have a few questions about something that has been concerning me. - February 23rd 2013, 09:11 AM

There's no such thing as abnormal, perhaps you get different people, but no one isn't normal.
I recommend telling either someone you trust, or someone who's qualified to handle this kind of thing, like a counsellor. I used to be addicted to violence (my parents were a violent couple and I learnt it as a normal thing), but i saw a counsellor about it (via my doctor) and now although the urge is still there I can suppress and control it.
Maybe that's the next step in figuring this out,
are you stressed a lot?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SortaPsychotic Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I have a few questions about something that has been concerning me. - February 23rd 2013, 03:59 PM

Well, yes. I just have so much school work that consumes my time, and I never have free time. So there is that on top of trying to not hurt people. I have trouble relaxing, basically always. There is always something that gets into my thoughts. There may be brief moments that I completely relaxed, but it's not often.

Closed Thread