TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
PrimadonnaQueen Offline
left this site.
Regular TeenHelper

Am I wrong to be happy? - February 28th 2013, 07:03 PM

I had depression for so long, i'd given up on everything. I felt so unpretty and fat I stopped eating properly(almost became anorexic) But finally my depression has run its course, and I'm really happy, but none of my friends care!

I thought they would be proud of me but when I told them they were like 'so what'.
Am I being cocky or are they wrong?
I never have supportive friends

.....“You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself.”.....

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: Am I wrong to be happy? - February 28th 2013, 10:50 PM

It's hard to understand something like depression if you've never had it. Your friends probably don't understand what a huge deal this is! And it is, you're happy which, as you know, is nothing to take for granted when you've been through hell and back
If it helps I know how it feels to be happy for the first time after being depressed for so long. It feels weird doesn't it? Almost like this isn't real or your depression was just some sort of horrible nightmare that you just woke up from.
My advice is to not worry about your friends and how they're reacting. Just enjoy your happiness and do all the things you missed while you were depressed. :P Now that you've got your life back it's time to live it, not dwell on things you can't change.
Good luck!

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
PrimadonnaQueen Offline
left this site.
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Am I wrong to be happy? - March 1st 2013, 06:32 PM

thank you Richard!

.....“You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself.”.....

(#4 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: Am I wrong to be happy? - March 2nd 2013, 08:51 PM

Hi Mimi,

Of course you are not wrong to be happy. You deserve to be happy as much as anyone else. I am really glad that you have managed to fight your depression and are feeling happy. Hold onto that feeling and don't let anyone make you feel down Your friends probably do not understand what it is like to feel depressed and they may think it is something that is easy to get rid of. When it isn't at all and takes a lot of determination and strength to turn your life around when things are so difficult. I admire your stength and hopefully you can continue to be happy but remember there will always be good and bad days.

Keep your chin up!

Believe
You can do anything you want to
:-)

(#5 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Am I wrong to be happy? - March 2nd 2013, 10:46 PM

You aren't wrong in being happy. Depression is a really hard subject to understand and a lot of people just don't understand it. So it might not be that your friends aren't supportive it might just be that they don't understand how big of a deal depression is and overcoming it.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Zannen- Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tay

Re: Am I wrong to be happy? - March 3rd 2013, 12:03 PM

You can never be wrong to be happy. It's a hard thing to deal with and people won't understand, but it's a self accomplishment and give yourself a pat on the back!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
jhend.hardison Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Am I wrong to be happy? - March 11th 2013, 06:20 PM

You are not wrong to be happy, being happy is what we must consider the most we can somehow enjoy living in this world to the fullest, not that we always fell low and depressed.

Sometimes, friends are like that, they tend to let us down but if our friend let us down always, I think it would be better to avoid them, they are not the only people in this world, we might not know, true friends are just there, always at our side waiting to give some importance.

Closed Thread