TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Soul_kid Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Logan

Feeling Wierd.... - March 22nd 2013, 02:38 AM

So every once in a while I have a time where I just feel sad.
Sometimes I start thinking about life and stuff and I start crying.
Sometimes I just start crying for no reason.

It scares me.

Also, I have a fear of abandonment I think. I'm always afraid my friends are doing things without me or they plan things and leave me out. I know and understand that my friends love me and stuff and my best friend even told me how much I mean to her family and everything, and I believe her, but it's just how I feel. I feel like I don't fit in anywhere. I don't know...

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
-Jimi Hendrix

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Oldaccount. Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Feeling Wierd.... - March 22nd 2013, 12:44 PM

Hey Logan,

It's natural for everybody to feel sad once in a while and you don't need a reason to be sad. Sadness is a mood and our moods constantly change throughout each day depending what goes on during the day or just how we feel at the time. Sometimes we may feel happy for no apparent reason other than just having a feeling of positiveness on that day or specific time and the same goes with a day or a time where you may feel sad or upset but you're not sure why you feel that way. Also, during our teenage years our bodies are changing too which causes our hormones to develop and will have an impact on your mood each day. Most teenagers have periods of happiness and sadness during their teenage years; it's a natural part of life. It's okay to cry, Logan. Crying can be quite helpful if you are feeling low or sad because it helps to release the negative emotions that you feel and it's better to cry than to not be able to release your sad feelings.

I understand how it feels to think that your friends may be abandoning you and making their own plans but you need to trust them and just hope that they're involving you in the things they do. I think that you need to change that negative thought of 'I think they may be abandoning me' into a positive one and say to yourself in your mind that 'my friends do like me and they're not leaving me out.' and trust them in what they say to you. I'd also suggest that you try and arrange some plans with your friends to go out and spend time together so that you are involved and you feel involved in things.

I hope I have been of some help.

Take care,
Lex

Closed Thread