TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LonelyFighter96 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Bex

Unhappy I have no idea what to do. - February 20th 2014, 11:16 AM

I have been attending CAMHS since I was 11 years old, I have been through a number of diagnosis, from ADHD, to PTSD, to Bipolar, but now they have put me back to NOS and are cutting ALL my therapy, behavioural, art, play, everything, I now only have medication review. I was told I would have someone phone me at least once a week to see how I am coping, yet its been four weeks since our goodbye session and I haven't heard anything, I called CAMHS last week six times because my prescription would run out, and was told just like the last two weeks is that I would have a call back, but no one has called, I ran out of my anti depressants three days ago and in two days my anxiety pills will run out...I have no clue what to do, I'm currently going through a bad phase and my friend suggested to see if I can get advice here, I've been to my GP and he says I have to wait for CAMHS to get in touch, but after calling them so many times I don't know what to do, I've relapsed in self harm after being clean for nearly 5 months, I've started smoking again and drinking. It seems I am a lost cause like everyone thinks....Unfixable...

They are cutting my therapy because I haven't made significant progress in the last 3 months and say that the resources should be there for someone else who may make more progress then I have, my 'care' team say that they feel I am not trying to work with them and that I am to resistant to talk about things, but after my talking therapy they always say I've done well or that they feel I really opened up to them, they've told me my art tells them a lot of things about me, yet now they are saying that I'm not trying hard enough...

There isn't even any talk of changing me over to CMHT, or to other adult mental health services, I think they may have forgotten me or someones wiped me from their system or something else.

Last edited by PSY; February 24th 2014 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: I have no idea what to do. - February 24th 2014, 09:20 PM

I'm so sorry everything is going awry with regard to your treatment! It's horrible that you were dropped from therapy so suddenly AND haven't been able to refill your prescriptions. Is there any place you can physically visit, vs. calling over the phone and getting the "run-around"?

You said that you're "unfixable," but it sounds like the treatment you were receiving (therapy and medication) was making a difference... so please don't lose hope! I know this is a difficult time for you, but once everything gets put back in place (either with this organization or other organization(s)), I imagine the symptoms you're experiencing will become manageable again!

You also said that your "care" team stated you were resisting treatment. Do you think there is any truth to that statement? If so, would you be willing to engage more with your "care" team (or a different group of people) in order to get the most out of therapy? If you don't think there is any truth to that statement, what do you think gave them the impression that you were resisting? Having difficulty talking in sessions? Not completing assigned tasks? You may be able to present an argument for why you could be seen as "resistant," when you were actually just nervous, distracted, etc.

I wish you all the best, and if you feel you're about to seriously hurt yourself or other people, PLEASE contact emergency services so you can receive immediate support. I know it may feel like you're taking a step back, but it's better to get crisis support than no support at all, especially when your life or the lives of other people are in danger.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
LonelyFighter96 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Bex

Re: I have no idea what to do. - February 26th 2014, 08:46 AM

The only treatment I was resisting was voluntary inpatient therapy I think it was a months stay for continual therapy and such , I had a bad experience when I was around 14 in a inpatient clinic and I don't wish to repeat it, but I thought if they really think I needed it they would have a review meeting or would section me or would bring it up more than once. I don't really know what they mean, I mean they've never actually told me I was holding back in our sessions.

Closed Thread