TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
allypally Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alex

i dont know what to do.. - March 5th 2014, 02:34 PM

So I was referred to camhs for anxiety, depression and ocd at the end of last year after like six months of waiting and had an initial appointment, where they went on to tell me that because I'm 17, they don't want to start any treatment because there's not enough time before I'm 18 or something. So anyway they said they'd refer me to adult services.

So this is 7 months later since my first referral, I had a call from adult services today about starting therapy, and they said it would be at least 6 weeks before I hear anything. Seriously this is getting ridiculous I don't know how to cope anymore with anything, like am I not bad enough to be worthy of treatment? I just wanna give up with everything. And im so frustrated with myself because due to my anxiety over phone calls I missed out something that I needed to tell them and I'm so annoyed with myself. What on earth do I do in the mean time until I can get treatment? I have a levels coming up as well. I don't think you really can convey the severity of a problem over the phone... Im so fed up with life, i can't cope, I have no one to talk to and I literally have no happiness whatsoever. So annoyed with stupid nhs services ugh.

Sorry if this is annoying, I just needed to let it out somewhere.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: i dont know what to do.. - March 5th 2014, 09:09 PM

How frustrating! I can understand why you're so upset at the moment - I know I would be, too! I suppose there are a few things you can do. First, if you can manage to overcome your anxiety of phone calls for a period of time (remind yourself of how this brief discomfort will help you get what you want in the long run!), you can call adult services and emphasize how long you've been waiting for help. If they're not able to meet with you for therapy, then they may be able to refer you to local agencies/organizations that offer support groups and other resources. If you don't want to deal with adult services, then a second option would be to contact local agencies/organizations yourself. There may be specific support groups for depression, anxiety/OCD, etc. A third option would be to speak with your school guidance counselor and inquire about services that are available at your school. When I was in high school, I was part of a peer advocate program that allowed teens to leave class for a period of time in order to talk about what was bothering them. We also had a school psychologist who was available 1-2 days per week.

Hang in there! It's good to vent, and you're welcome to vent some more whenever you feel the need to do so! =)

Last edited by PSY; March 5th 2014 at 10:17 PM.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
allypally Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alex

Re: i dont know what to do.. - March 6th 2014, 04:29 PM

Hey, thankyou for replying! The thing is, they know how long I've been suffering for, as I had to answer some questions and talk about my symptoms etc on the phone. I don't know, I guess I'm just going to have to wait..Do you have any ideas of how to stop feeling so down all the time etc? I literally feel like my head is about to explode with everything haha

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Its.Just.Angie Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Angie

Re: i dont know what to do.. - March 8th 2014, 03:03 PM

Hey there,
I think it would totally be frustrating about that. 6 weeks seems like a long time! There might be local counseling services around your town or something. They might help a little but I'm from the US so I don't know what's over there for you. There might be school programs/support groups? Like robin said. My school counselor who found out about my cutting from someone else referred me to one place that offers counseling. So they can know what to do, and give you feedback and they can help you while you are waiting for treatment. So you may want to talk to yours.

To stop feeling down.. I think if you join a club of some sort or find a hobby to get distracted. To me, going a team was extremly difficult. But I gotten through it and I made friends and stuff and it wasn't that bad. I understand how anxiety can affect you when it comes to groups and stuff, but sometimes you have to get outta your comfort zone in order to be free.

Hope it gets better for you feel free to PM/VM me anytime

Closed Thread