TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
keelover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Why so extreme? - March 13th 2014, 02:09 AM

When I was little (up untill sixth grade), I was extremely hyper active. I couldn't listen, remember, or sit still. I talked nonstop and windmilled around the house all day. I was constantly hyper and excited about everything. I never did what coaches and teachers asked because I was too busy bouncing around to listen. I swam and lost my goggles every other day. My desk and locker was a constant mess (not to mention my room). When I hit sixth grade, I got depressed. I immediatly calmed down due to lack of energy. I wasn't happy or bouncy. I quit talking so much. I still have a lot of difficulty concentrating and remembering things. I am not organized. Basically, the only thing I lost was my energy. Could their be a reason for my lack of focus and constant fidgiting if I am not hyper anymore?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Why so extreme? - March 13th 2014, 03:06 AM

Hey there,

Since we are not professionals we can't really tell you with 100% certainty what could be causing this. There are a number of things that could contribute to this. It could be simply that when you started going through puberty things within your body started to change and it caused this change or it could be something else entirely. Given that you started feeling depressed there could be something to do with the depression that caused this. I know that depression can cause you to lose energy and have trouble focusing. However, I suggest that you go to a doctor and explain to them what is going on and see if they can help you work on figuring out what is going on. This would be the best way to get down to the bottom of this and hopefully start to work on finding a solution.

I hope that this helped in some way and if you need anything feel free to message me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread