TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Sometimes I worry I'm insane... - May 14th 2014, 12:27 PM

I almost don't even want to post this because I'm sort of REALLY embarrassed, but basically I feel like I sometimes still have the mentality of a kid and/or I'm crazy because I used to think like this as a kid and still do. That being said, what I'm referring to is like being paranoid. For example sometimes the thought will pop into my head that others can hear what I'm thinking so I start trying to alter my thoughts just in case. I know it's stupid and I try not to but I can't help it. Hell when I'm playing a game like say Bingo on Facebook, I truly believe that if I ask for a certain number too much or am thinking too rude of thoughts for not having gotten the number, that the game can somehow magically sense that and won't give it to me. I can rationalize in my head that that is not possible and the game is not some unusual sentient creation, but I still think it and still try to adjust my thoughts accordingly.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who does things like this. I seriously feel really stupid when I do but I can't help it and I try not to. Hell one time I had it stuck in my head in middle school that it was not my aunt picking me up after school that day but like an alien trying to see if I'd notice we were taking a weird route or see if I could take them to my home... God I feel really stupid mentioning all of this. I almost don't want to post but I also want some insight from you guys and I'm very seriously hoping I'm not the only person who does this unintentionally...

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Em. Offline
I don't even like cats
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: Sometimes I worry I'm insane... - May 14th 2014, 02:51 PM

I get things like that too! Sometimes before I go to bed, I think that if I touch my piano (which is next to my bed) accidentally, then a fire will start in my house. It's odd I know and it can make you feel so embarrassed and stupid but it's quite normal.

If it's really really bothering you, you could talk to someone, but I promise you that you aren't stupid and you shouldn't be embarrassed, it's amazing that you've managed to post it

Take care

(#3 (permalink)) Old
sunflower Offline
bathing in lavender sunshine
Average Joe

Name: Donné

Re: Sometimes I worry I'm insane... - May 14th 2014, 04:56 PM

Sometimes I feel that way too. My mom always tells me that if I were I wouldn't be where I am, and the fact that I feel my behaviors or thoughts are odd proves that I'm not insane.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Spirit. Offline
Run free
I've been here a while

Name: Kaveri

Re: Sometimes I worry I'm insane... - May 14th 2014, 05:21 PM

Cheye,

It's mostly just that you have a very active imagination. Often, I've had a few things happen to me as well. It used to happen a whole lot before, but it has pretty much stopped now. My mum contests that it was probably because I was going through a really rough time, though I did tell her that I didn't feel I was, to which see said, maybe I didn't realise because of my imagination helping me escape, or provide an alternative or something. I don't know. Food for thought, I guess.

Either way, I really did have a lot of this happening, especially feeling that people could read my thoughts and I would try not thinking at all, and such. If it's starting to bother you greatly, then do talk to someone about it, as Emily said. There's nothing wrong in it, and there is no need for you to feel embarrassed about, at all. Even if it weren't "normal", there really is no need to feel ashamed.

I hope you feel better. x

~Through the wind and the rain she stands hard as a stone
In a world that she can't rise above.
But her dreams give her wings and she flies to a place where she's loved.

Concrete Angel

"And so I grew from colt to stallion
As wild and as reckless as thunder over the land.
Racing with the eagle, soaring with the wind.
Flying? There were times I believed I could."

HelpLINK Mentor - 2.4.2011
LiveHelp Operator - 18.6.2011

Send a message via MSN to Spirit. Send a message via Skype™ to Spirit. 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina

Re: Sometimes I worry I'm insane... - May 16th 2014, 08:07 PM

You are not insane. You just get worried about things but that is normal. If this is frequent than you can talk to a counselor or therapist and they can help you with how you can cope with these thoughts.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

(#6 (permalink)) Old
MidnightMay Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Sometimes I worry I'm insane... - May 17th 2014, 02:03 AM

It's like you know me so well! I worry people can feel and read my thoughts when certain things happen so I do the same as you. I like constantly feel worried about stupid things like that. I wish I understood it more but your not alone with the feelings.

feel free to PM me...

Always keep a smile on your face and Lots of love in you heart! <3

Dont wear a mask and suffocate
take it off and breathe

Earth without ART is just EH...

(#7 (permalink)) Old
ThisIsMyUsrnm Offline
Jay
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: JustCallMeJay
Location: Upstate NY, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, local group, Virgo supercluster, observable galaxy

Re: Sometimes I worry I'm insane... - August 7th 2014, 09:03 PM

I do all this except the alien picking me up thing- it's someone who wants to kidnap me. I try to alter my thoughts all the time, like think about bubblegum or something totally boring or irrelevant And I'll get mad at chance games like bingo for not listening to my thoughts... I worried I was going insane for a while, but I don't think I am now. And I had more, for lack of a better word, "Symptoms" of insanity. Simple stuff like talking to myself, or the violent stuff. Honestly, I think it's a little strange but not really anything to worry about

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Gwynbleidd Offline
Seeking Zireael
Average Joe

Name: Mike

Re: Sometimes I worry I'm insane... - August 8th 2014, 11:25 PM

Same with me paranoia and people can read my thoughts. I feel as if I'm an open book and everyone knows everything about me. Don't worry you are just fine.

Tell me a lie in a beautiful way,
I believe in answers, just not today

"Cŕed'mil, bloede dh'oine... Hocus-pocus... Abracadabra...Arse blathanna..."

Closed Thread