TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
undeleted1 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: No one

Unhappy Dealing with paranoia :( - August 14th 2014, 07:45 AM

I'm constantly paranoid. I often feel people are talking behind my back and whenever I hear someone talking and I can't make out what they are saying, I feel they are talking bad about me. It's even worse when someone starts raising their voice. Even though it has nothing to do with me I get very afraid something bad is about to happen. This is probably because of all the fights I've had to endure over the last 20 years with my parents and discovering that some people were talking badly behind my back and causing trouble for me. Things are different now, but why do I still feel this way? It's been a month since I've moved yet I feel tense a lot of the time and feel a major argument will start. I don't know if I'll ever get over it...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lionheart Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Oliver

Re: Dealing with paranoia :( - August 14th 2014, 08:20 AM

Hey Ryan
I know that feeling all to well and just wanted you to know that yes it's been a month since you moved but it's only one month. 30 days can't change whats happend for 20 years.
Give yourself some time.
I 'only' had to endure the talking and being made fun of for 6 years and still it took me more than a year and some very nice and reasuring people to stopp feeling like everyone was constantly making fun of me and talking about me.
So give yourself some time. It will stopp just not so soon and until it does, when you get the feeling, try to ask yourself why they would be talking about you and try to make yourself aware that they have no reason to do so.
I hope this helped a little.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina

Re: Dealing with paranoia :( - August 14th 2014, 01:15 PM

Hi Ryan,

I understand what you are saying here. You have to give yourself some time to cope with your new, less confusing life. It will take more than a month to not feel so on alert and nervous about other people. It will take forming friendships and relationships with people that are trusting, honest, open and willing to be supportive and encouraging.
You also can seek help from a counselor or therapist to learn how to get past this and coping techniques that can help you when you get extremely nervous (such as breathing exercises). Some counseling services are low-cost or free depending on where you look. If you are a university/college student, you can usually get counseling through your school for free or at a low cost.
I hope this is helpful and that things continue improving for you. Take things one step at a time.
Take care.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

Closed Thread