TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Wolfz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Colin

Question I don't think that's supposed to be.. - August 27th 2014, 10:07 PM

Alright..
So since one month now, I think, I kinda see things that are not really there.
That only happened two times that I saw a something in the corner of my eye in maybe a week or so.
So in that week I saw two strange things. But that stopped for a month.
Now it begins again.
But in one evening I saw more things than in that one week. I think they were about four.
But I don't really "see" these things or creatures.
It's always only in the corner of my eye.

Though I still "see" these things as if they are there but when I look at that place then, there is nothing.
I get kinda confused by it and I am worrying a bit.

Colin / 17 / Pre-op Trans-Guy
on T since 12/21/16

If you need someone to talk or if you have questions, feel free to PM or VM me.
I am always here!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Most Likely Offline
Avete vos
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: -

Re: I don't think that's supposed to be.. - August 27th 2014, 10:53 PM

Sometimes when your sight is focused on something, your brain might make you see something like this. I can't exactly explain to you while it happens, but it's something about movement of objects you're focused on, especially if you're sitting in a room that isn't fully lightened.

Don't worry, you're not crazy. It happens do everybody.

Who dares - wins.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Most Likely 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Novocaine9 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I don't think that's supposed to be.. - August 28th 2014, 02:35 AM

I agree, it could just be your eyes playing games on you. But, if you start seeing things a lot and are afraid of them then it maybe time to consult your doctor. Trust me, I know just how startling they can be as I have psychosis. (Psychotic depression) Do you see things such as shadows? Usually if you're noticing a pattern in how often you see these things it's important to talk to your doctor as it could be signs of something or even just little floaties in your eyesight. It would still be nice to have a peace of mind even if it is something as simple as the floaties. If you ever need help or have any questions please feel free to pm me. I wish you luck!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Most Likely Offline
Avete vos
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: -

Re: I don't think that's supposed to be.. - August 28th 2014, 02:41 AM

Alternatively, there's a harmless medical condition that might cause this : http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mouches_volantes

Even if it's this, don't worry. It's nothing dangerous.

Who dares - wins.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Most Likely 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina

Re: I don't think that's supposed to be.. - August 30th 2014, 02:28 PM

Hi There,

This can be caused by a number of things as mentioned in previous replies. Some causes could be that your eyes have floaters in them, causing you to see things that are not there because of something being in your eye.
Secondly, this could be caused possibly by any medication you are taking. If you have started any ne medications in the past couple of months, talk to your doctor to see if this is a side effect. If it is, your doctor will be able to give you appropriate medical advice.
Third, you could be experiencing psychosis. If you have depression, it could be accompanied by psychosis. In this case, it is best to speak to your psychiatrist or therapist about what you can do for this.
Lastly, I have heard of this being caused by staring at something to much (such as a computer or tablet screen). Your eyes might just be playing tricks on you because they are strained from staring at something for long periods (a computer screen, tablet, books etc.) When doing these activities, try taking your focus away from the screen and see if that helps. Do not sit at your computer for long periods because this can cause you exhaustion and could be causing this problem.
The best solution is to talk to your doctor if this keeps happening, try writing down when this happens, how often and how long you see things.
Try not to worry about this. It sounds silly because naturally, people worry about things that they do not understand affecting them however, maybe worrying is making this worse?
I hope this is helpful.
Take care and you can message me if you would like someone to talk to.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

Closed Thread