TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Novocaine9 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Arrow Trust Issues - September 16th 2014, 12:32 AM

Hello, so I have some serious trust issues because I have been betrayed in the past. That caused my depression which lead to my current disorder psychotic depression. Now I hear voices and have some hardcore beliefs. I can never leave my trash in a bin out of fear I will be cloned. So, I carry a huge purse with me at all times to throw my trash in. My perfect grades are dropping and I can't stop having panic attacks during school. I need to see my doctor again. I'm always looking around the classroom and over my shoulder. I am also always in dreamland and it has a serious affect on my grades. My meds make me tired in class. What should I do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Its.Just.Angie Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Angie

Re: Trust Issues - September 16th 2014, 01:30 AM

hey there,
I was betrayed a lot to in the past.. And I hardly trust anyone at all even my best friends... Maybe the trash you a scared to be cloned. Maybe you can rip it to shreads and then throw it.. Or you can burn it too. Then it'll be more out of the way? And there is no possible way for it to be copied.

I would either tell your doctor that you are struggling with school and tell him/her you are having panic attacks and they can help find a way to make it stop. If it takes awhile to see your doctor. You can try your school counselor? To get more immediate feedback.That you are struggling to concentrate on school and you could also tell them you have panic attacks cause they may help you if you get more in the future.

But if your meds are causing you to not do as well in school. You should talk about that to your doctor.

I hope I helped alittle! Feel free to PM/VM me anytime!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Trust Issues - September 16th 2014, 09:56 AM

Hi there,

I think your current trust issues e.g. not leaving your trash in the bin out of fear that it may be cloned, may be more related to your current psychotic episode and may be paranoia.

I think it might be best to talk to your doctor about how you are feeling (and tiredness) and hearing voices, as he will be able to change the medication or the dosage.

Do your teachers know why your grades are dropping? If not, they may become concerned, so itís also probably for the best if you tell them. Also, does your family know? If you find it hard telling your teachers or family you could always write them a little note- Iím sure they will understand.

For the panic attacks, you could try some breathing exercises, as these will help you to calm down. Also, are you having any counselling? Counsellors will be able to help you manage the panic attacks and any anxiety that you may have.

Take care!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Novocaine9 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Trust Issues - September 16th 2014, 01:47 PM

Thank you so much for your replies. I will try to tell someone. I'm thinking of telling the school counsellor that I am having trouble. I have also scheduled an appointment to see my psychiatrist. I will see how that goes and will let you guys know. thanks again.

Closed Thread