TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Novocaine9 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Arrow No One Seems To Understand - September 30th 2014, 02:05 PM

Hello, as some of you may know I have psychotic depression and anxiety. My mother seems to think I can just snap out of it. For example I told her I am so anxious because of school and how I think everyone is talking about me and out to get me. She just says to snap out of it and that everyone has to go to school. One of my teachers also causes me severe panic attacks. But when I spoke to the counselor she didn't want to change my schedule. She just simply asked me to deal with her and give her a chance but I already did and she terrifies me. I asked my mom if I could be home schooled and she said no because she didn't "believe" in that. What should I do? Everyone thinks I could just deal with or snap out of this. Plus my voices are telling me to kill myself. Please help.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
crotia Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: No One Seems To Understand - September 30th 2014, 07:27 PM

Okay first:
Please don't kill yourself.

Then maybe you should think about looking for a solvation that makes you face things cause your parents and coundelor are much mor elikely to help with that. And you could try to push yourself. And I'm not saying that you aren't doing that already, cause I can't see that from here. I'm just saying that if you can push yourself maybe you should try.

With that teacher: Do you know what makes you scared of that teacher.

Is it possible that there aree little things you can work on that make it bareble. Would it for example help if you can sit in the back far away from her or right next to the door and are allowed to go to the toilet without asking if you really need to? And then you could try to sit a closer to her every month if you can handle it.

And now you are probably huffing through your screen at me that asking that teacher for these things is just to sccary. But maybe your counselor is willing to discuss these options with you to resonable options and things. Then maybe your counselor is willing to help you face this teacher with this. And remember someone who is a teacher probably likes teens and helping them.

Also your mom and counselor will probably think it a good thing if you try to find a solution that makes you face things instead of running away. (Even if you don't think there is any other option and you really are having a hard time. Cause no one is doubting that. At least I'm not.)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Novocaine9 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: No One Seems To Understand - September 30th 2014, 10:06 PM

Thank you for your input. I am actually not huffing through my screen at you. I asked for opinions on how to get help and you gave it to me. I appreciate it. However, I have already tried to find solutions to this problem. Its not so easy. My teacher is notorious for not helping students. When I asked to be moved today she said no. When I asked for help also she told me to figure it out. My counselor doesn't have enough time to see me as there are other students she needs to help. My mother is still not doing much. I don't blame her, maybe she just doesn't know how to help. I'm just really confused as what to do.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
TheGuyinCanada Offline
TeenHelp Sponsor

Average Joe

Re: No One Seems To Understand - September 30th 2014, 11:57 PM

Sounds like your teacher is giving you a hard time. She is not helping you with your work when you ask help. I would suggest you study the material harder, or ask someone else for help. Tip: You may think that people are out to get you. But for what reason. As long as you are not a mean person or annoy people. People should have no reason to come after you. Hope this helps a bit.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: No One Seems To Understand - October 1st 2014, 12:59 AM

Hey there,

Is your school counselor aware of your mental health problems? If not, it may help if you tell her about these things; she might be able to understand your situation a little more if she knows about your depression and your anxiety. It seems like you have given this teacher a chance and you have searched for some solutions. Perhaps you can talk to your teacher after school or class and explain some things to her so she'll know that you need some extra help.

If don't start looking up, I suggest talking to someone higher in the school administration such as your vice principal or principal about this.

Parents are from a different generation and often times they lack understanding. It is up to us to educate them about these things. I think you should sit her down and tell her that some of the things she says regarding your issues upsets you. You could always print out some articles so she can read a little bit about depression and anxiety. Here is our Articles page if you're interested!

It's important for you to tell someone about your suicidal thoughts as well. If you don't want to talk to anyone in your personal life right now, here is a list of hotlines.

Take care.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

They whispered to her
you cannot withstand the storm
she whispered back
i am the storm.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
crotia Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: No One Seems To Understand - October 2nd 2014, 06:49 PM

And (eventhough I have a feeling this advice might not be viewed as good by everyone and maybe it isn't but hey) you could always consider letting your anxiety attack go full on in class with her. I once heard someone say it feels like your deing and stuff so I guess that if it looks lik ethat too maybe they will get that maybe it's just not all that easy. Or This just doesn't make any sense at all.

Closed Thread