TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
maddietilt Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Mixing fantasy with reality - November 17th 2014, 02:35 AM

It started when i was younger. I would pretend to have imaginary friends, but now i can't make them go away.... they are always here... i can't stop them anymore.. i cut just to try to get back to reality... please help

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Thereishope Offline
Skittles Minion & Fish Thrower
I can't get enough

Name: Michael

Re: Mixing fantasy with reality - November 29th 2014, 07:05 PM

Hey there!

I am sorry to hear that you're experiencing this. It sounds like a few things could be going on here and I would highly recommend talking to your doctor about this so you can be checked out and properly treated. It could be schizophrenia or psychosis. I hope you talk to someone soon about this and I wish you luck!

Can't stop now, I've traveled so far. - Foreigner

I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance. - Garth Brooks

Assoc Live Help Mentor from 11/23/2014-1/17/2015, 8/8/2015-

Live Help Mentor from 1/17/2015-8/8/2015

SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina

Re: Mixing fantasy with reality - December 4th 2014, 01:01 AM

Hi There,

I am sorry it has taken me a while to respond to this. Hopefully things have been sorted out by now and if not, hopefully my suggestions can help.
As you know, we are unable to diagnose any certain condition. This sounds like you could be hanging on to your imaginary friends for some sort of comfort or to fill a void you are lacking do to either not having friends that match the qualities/characteristics of your actual friends or to have friends entirely.
This seems to be impacting you greatly and I wish I could say that there is a way we could help you farther with unraveling what is going on and that we could help you feel better and not have these imaginary friends with you.
The best help I can suggest is that you speak to a psychological professional. Such as a therapist or psychologist. If you or your parents are unsure how to or where to find such professionals, it can help to research your area on Google and see what results you find. It can also help to talk to your primary doctor who may be able to give you a list of professionals in your area.
Hope this helps and that things get sorted out.
Take care.
You can PM or VM if you would like someone to talk to.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
LadySerine Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ayana

Re: Mixing fantasy with reality - December 4th 2014, 05:48 AM

I'm sorry you have to go through this. I was diagnosed with delusions when I was seven I know what it's like. You cut because you're scared of what's happening, that it's not right. At least for me. You're friends won't go away unless you get it treated. Try telling g someone about your friends, and get help. Try to work your way to telling someone about cutting, too, if your family doesn't already know. Best of luck!!

Closed Thread