TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xxthe.revxx Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I don't know What to do to help myself - November 20th 2014, 09:02 PM

I get random urges to try to break things. Or hurt myself kind of. I've never self harmed. But I get urges to. I'll rip my hoodie pockets for example I've snapped my phone in half and I've broken my tablet. Ad I don't know why. I'm not sad. I'm not angry. I'm happy jut I just get urges to do things. And it's just getting worse

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina

Re: I don't know What to do to help myself - November 20th 2014, 11:59 PM

Hi There!

Welcome to TeenHelp! Hopefully we can help you figure this out.
I am not at all a psychological professional (even if I were, diagnosis Etc. are against TeenHelp's Terms of Service) but I will try to help as best I can with what I know about mental health.
You mentioned that you are thinking of breaking things and hurting yourself but that you have not hurt self and you have broken things. You also mentioned how you do not have any anger, you are not sad and that you are happy. I'm just restating things just so I can be sure I am understanding you clearly and not missing anything important.
Do you know of any events that could have happened to make you angry at some point? Maybe you have repressed anger: you could be angry somewhere deep inside your subconscious and consciously you could not be clear as to why you are angry but you are reacting to it externally?
It also could be a build-up of a combination of things: family issues that have not been resolved that could be weighing on your mind, friend issues Etc.
There also could be many other reasons for this.
I suggest that you talk to a mental health professional such as a school counselor, counselor you may be seeing outside of school or an adult that you trust that can help you connect with a person that can help you.
I hope that you find this helpful and that you can get help soon.
If you would like to talk about anything, you can send me a PM or VM on here and I will do my best to reply as soon as possible.
Take care.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

Closed Thread