TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Carly Jessica

threatened and attacked in the same day I NOW THINK I AM SUFFERING FROM PTSD NEED TIPS - February 21st 2015, 06:17 AM

So a few weeks back I was waiting at my bus stop for the bus the takes me to the train station. I was just minding my own business listening to music and playing games on my phone there were four other people waiting at the stop with me. Including this creepy old who always tries to talk to me I already felt uncomfortable around him too start with. Then this girl from Africa comes up to me and says the creepy old guy told her sheís lucky he doesnít have a gun or he would shoot and kill her right here right now. So I tell her to phone 911, he over hears this and follows us saying you actually believe me in a joking voice. So I tell me to leave us alone. I thought what stops him from shooting me too. This really made me fear for my life. He then turns and starts walking away once we were talking to the 911 operator. So the other girl was explaining what happened to the operator and told me they were going to send a squad car. I told her I would wait with her until the cops came but 5 minutes later she told me to go and that she was going home. I was conflicted on what to do but I know I couldnít miss school and figured she would take care of it. Now this really upset me. Made me very anxious and edgy very aware of what was going on. Scared for my life, So I got on the train and made to my stop 15 minutes later still quite scared and jumpy. So as I was going up the stairs to street level I heard this bang/popping sound almost like a gunshot and after what happened I jump a foot in the air and quickly turned my head my eyes darting around. All I saw was this disheveled lady who reeked of weed behind me and when she looked up at me I saw bloodshot eyes with a crazed look in them as it turns out it was her banging her fist against the wall. After we made eye contacted she went ballistic started swearing and yelling at me. So once I got to street level I let her get ahead trying to get away from her and she still swearing and talking to me so i cross the street and she follows me swearing and talking but she turned around I then told her in a strong loud and authoritative voice to leave me alone she then grabbed my arm trying to get at my backpack. Thatís when I let out a blood curltling scream and start to thrash around while screaming people took notice thatís when she quickly let go of my arm. I took off running as fast as possible. when she let go and i took off running toward a fire station that was a few blocks away She followed me still yelling and swearing saying get back here this went for a few blocks until she finally quit. I ran for another block before stopping doubling over and shaking and crying I phone my mom a total mess. Barely able to talk to tell her what happened. After calming down a bit I continued on to school. Still very shaken up. The rest of the day I was totally numb and on high alert. Couldnít focus actually threw up as soon as a got there. I felt exhausted, drained. All I could think about is if I see either of them what might happen. Plus I was petrified about the trip home. So when I finally got home and saw my mom I lost it going into hysterics. That night I didnít sleep because I knew I had school the next day and was just terrified about that.
Since those events happened things have only gotten worse Now, the sights and sounds of the accidents haunt me all the time. but I am having flash backs what happened waiting for the bus and what happened getting off the train/ leaving the train station and I still hear the his menacing words or I see the lady crazy deranged look. The smell of weed even makes me nervous. I start hyperventilating and my heart races and pounds and it feels like I am trapped with not enough air I am like jumpy and on edge Flash backs more vivid and like I am there all over again, Heart racing, Fast breathing, Dizzy ,drenched in a cold sweat, Very warm then very cold, Hearing the threat and hearing the lady swearing and yelling at me to get back her. I also still hear my screams when she grab me, any little sound makes me jump. Nightmares getting more intense more vivid, Feeling alone, Canít sleep, On edge or high alert. Feeling trapped, Throat closing, Mind racing a 100 miles per minute, Overwhelmed. Well still having trouble with the traumatic stuff the threading to get shot and someone trying to rob/attack me. i saw the guy again twice on the bus and i no longer feel safe on the train or waiting at the bus stop even on bus I am scared also walking down town just scares me stiff. Nothing like this has ever happen before itís really hard because I already have anxiety disorder i am trying to forget but itís real hard Especially cause 5 out of 7 days at least twice a day i risk running in to them again. I seem the creepy old guy that threaten me and the girl like 20 times on bus to school on the bus home even at the mall even on weekends. Just lately I found out he lives fairly close to me and I have seen him walking outside through our courtyard. This makes me even more scared I donít even feel safe in my own apartment, Or outside. This is a major problem I no longer feel safe and secure anywhere. My mom is leaving for Mexico in a few days and will be gone for a week leaving me alone and I donít know how I will get through that. I have a therapist that I just talked too she says go a different way to school and I have tried but all the roots I have to go to the mall that has a bus station and train station and is the main point I need to go to get around the city the problem is to get there. There are only two buses both of which. I see him on a lot. I am tired of letting him control my life its not fair I didnít do anything and I am always on alert Itís gotten pretty bad . I really need help and tips.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!:' (

Last edited by misunderstoodgirl; February 21st 2015 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Edit the title

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: threatened and attacked in the same day I NOW THINK I AM SUFFERING FROM PTSD NEED TIPS - March 2nd 2015, 02:58 AM

Hello, Carly! I'm so sorry you experienced these two events a couple of weeks ago. Since you currently have a therapist who is treating your anxiety disorder, I encourage you to talk about the symptoms you mentioned in this thread. PTSD has very specific diagnostic criteria, and although you may suspect you're developing PTSD, only your therapist or another mental health/qualified medical professional would be able to diagnose you with the disorder. Treatment for PTSD tends to be different than treatment for other anxiety disorders, so the sooner and more thoroughly you can communicate the changes in symptoms, the better.

Closed Thread