TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
The Doctors Wolf
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Moon

Question I have mental problems - September 25th 2015, 04:28 PM

I have so many problems with anxiety and depression and something weird that make Me growl and stuff idk but all this mixed with bullying and all that carp make it hard. Can someone help me? So I don't have as many like panic attacks or what to do for anxiety or depression or other stuff? I really need help thanks

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: I have mental problems - September 27th 2015, 05:31 PM

Hi there.

I think it's great that you're here posting for help and support to help you manage the things you are going through. I know it can be scary but you've done really well in doing so. I can relate to a little bit of what you are going through as I used to have panic attacks and struggle with anxiety and depression so I hope I can help a little bit.

When you feel anxious, try doing some deep breathing. When I was an inpatient we did a mindfulness exercise every morning and then as we needed too but having the routine was good because I often wake up up every morning right now and feel a lot of anxiety to the point where I don't want to get out of bed. You know? We used to do a breathing exercise called 7/11 which is where you breathe in for seven and out for eleven. But if you feel this isn't right for you then you can change it to something else like 5/9. But generally doing breathing exercises can help. So just taking a few deep breaths in through your nose and out for your mouth can help but a lot of people I talk to find counting helps because it keeps your mind in one place. Regulating your breathing can really help though, especially when you feel like you're about to have a panic attack if you hyperventilate.

Do you get anxiety when you go out too? Things like listening to music while you're out can be helpful or even having a tangle or something else in your pocket (if you want no one else to see) can be beneficial. Something to play with with your hands can just help keep you focused to the point where you don't have a panic attack. If you wake up with anxiety in the night it might be helpful to write everything you're anxious about in a notepad before going to bed but to lave it there so if you do wake up anxious about something else then you can quickly drot it down too and hopefully that will take it of your mind so you can get back to sleep again.

Do you have a self soother box? Basically get a box, a pretty one or decorate it as you like and put things in there which calm you down and make you feel that little bit better. This can work for your anxiety and depression. So for example, in mine I have my fave book and dvd, photo's, letters, nail varnish, worry dolls, glow bands, cream, face masks, stress balls, spray etc. These all make me feel less anxious or happier. Maybe this is something you could try giving a go?

And very importantly, talking to someone about what's going on for you can be really helpful. Whether its us, a friend, a tutor, a counselor, your doctor, or a family member and basically anyone you can trust. Talk about what's going on and how you feel and let people in to help you. I know it can be scary but you can beat this and get through to the other side where things are better. We're always here to support you and you are more than welcome to message me any time too. You are not alone in this, okay?

Just keep your chin up and stay fighting. Recovery is possible and you can get through all of this. Take good care of yourself,

Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread