TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
the-tree Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question I think I'm going crazy - December 20th 2015, 12:16 PM

I don't really know what's wrong with me, but I've really not been in my right mind for a while now. I overreact to nearly every situation. It may be social anxiety or something, I don't know. Like, I have these two close friends, and if I see them whispering to each other I instantly think that they're hiding something or they're bitching about me. Or if my friends know something that I don't I instantly start feeling excluded and hated. And this never used to happen before. It's just been happening since a few months. And the problem is I start shouting randomly or crying for no reason.
I've also started having extreme mood fluctuations where I'm really happy one moment and then I just start crying the next second.
I'm also suffering from serious stress issues. I've already started to suffer hair fall because of stress and it's also impacting my skin.
And I just keep making things worse by writing extremely depressing and suicidal poetry.
I'm just turning antisocial and weird, and I can't even talk to anyone anymore properly. I have so much trouble even putting this all into one paragraph and I know it looks extremely incoherent and strange, but I just don't know what else to do. I seriously need advice on how to lead my life because I'm really not doing a good job of it right now.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Despair... Offline
Stay Awesome :)
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: India

Re: I think I'm going crazy - December 20th 2015, 09:14 PM

Your not alone sweety, im going through literally the SAME exact issues, including the hair loss. But dont worry, im here to help By what my therapist has told me, much of the whole worrying towards what people think and say is just a protective factor, especially if we exclude ourselves and stay silent. What is most important to do is to pull yourself back into reality and actually watch the situation, for example " They must hate me because they said this about me.", watch and realize if that is actually true. Of course your immediate thought will be " They MUST hate me because of this/that" , but pull yourself together and think of different scenarios. The most important thing to do is to pull yourself out of that protective factor. Also, by means with the stress and mood fluctuations, it's also important to keep your mind off of anything that may be triggering those mood fluctuations, so do simple tasks such as cleaning your house, reading a book, journaling, playing with your pets, etc.
I hope I helped, im new to helping people on TH lol,
love India XXX

the girl who always seemed unbreakble finally
BROKE
the girl who seemed strong
CRUMBLED
the girl who always laughed
CRIED
the girl who never stopped trying finally
GAVE UP

she let her fake smile fade and as she did a tear rolled down her cheek and she whispered

' i can't do this anymore'

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
the-tree Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I think I'm going crazy - December 22nd 2015, 01:51 PM

Thank you so much India, this was really helpful. I'll keep your advice in mind

Closed Thread