TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Keeping positive and happy blacking out the miserable and downing thoughts? - August 9th 2016, 10:11 AM

any advice on trying to keep a positive mind and being happy for what you have in life instead of feeling miserable? I find myself feeling miserable for no reason and was wondering if anyone had any helpful tips! thanks

(#2 (permalink)) Old
luckiicloverxx Offline
Staff On Leave

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kyra

Re: Keeping positive and happy blacking out the miserable and downing thoughts? - August 9th 2016, 02:06 PM

Hey!

I feel like that every now and then too, but I just try to keep myself occupied with things I enjoy doing, whether that be reading good books, seeing some friends, or playing an instrument. It's harder to have those thoughts when you're busy doing something else, especially when you're enjoying it!

And every now and then, think about how lucky you actually are to have amazing people in your life and amazing opportunities ahead of you in the future!

I hope this helped and feel free to PM me if you ever need to talk!

Kyra
  Send a message via Skype™ to luckiicloverxx 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
SirJordan Offline
Twitter: @sirjordanhardy
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jordan

Re: Keeping positive and happy blacking out the miserable and downing thoughts? - August 9th 2016, 02:44 PM

Try and keep yourself occupied. Plan things in advance so you always have something to look forward to.

"Carefree, wherever we may be. We are the famous CFC" - Chelsea Football Club
  Send a message via Yahoo to SirJordan  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount2

Edit avatar

Re: Keeping positive and happy blacking out the miserable and downing thoughts? - August 11th 2016, 02:52 PM

ya i definitely know the feeling. of course no one here is a professional but thats often a sign of depression which is not ur fault and it has to do with chemicals in ur brain which u may or may not already know.

if that was the case then ud need medical treatment. but on your end u can make an effort to stay happy. there is something that i like to try that might work for only a short amount of time. but its where u force a smile for two minutes amd it makes it hard to stop smiling and boostes ur mpod and sometimes u laugh forno reason. my sixth grade science taught me that yrs ago, but it doesnt work long term.
for more lasting results, u might try getting inspired by something u love. weather that means learning about it or doing ur favorite hobby. i always like to learn about music bc i get really excited when i learn something new since thats is my passion.
or search the web for inspirstiona quotes. that makes me smile esp if theyre funny. find something to laugh about.
but if it was depression then it will be EXTREMELY difficult to be happy on ur own id not impossible. but i hope these tips help and if u still continue to feel negitive about everything then please seek medical advice.

Hope this helped,
Cheyenne

(#5 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.

I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Re: Keeping positive and happy blacking out the miserable and downing thoughts? - August 13th 2016, 01:05 AM

I don't think it has to do with constantly occupying yourself. I think it would help if you do certain activities that release emotional energy and stress. Usually speaking, that would be any expressive arts type of thing. I personally have problems with "emotional regulation" which means I suppress my emotions until it builds up and then I'm in a crisis. Okay I simplified it but what I'm getting at here is, constant distraction isn't necessarily a good thing. It is important to confront your issues and acknowledge the emotional pain in whatever way works. Frequency matters because you don't want it to build up. So having a "me time" every day at a set time is a good example. This is where the "self care" comes in, so you don't get burnt out as easily. I hope things get better for you.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
hsxii Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: ellie

Re: Keeping positive and happy blacking out the miserable and downing thoughts? - August 13th 2016, 01:45 AM

I know this usually seems like awful advice but fake it till you make it pal. When you catch yourself having negative thoughts actively disagree and shut down those thoughts. Even if you dont believe it tell yourself thay youre fantastic and youre gonna have a great day. Again this will seem cheesy but make a list of everything good in your life and continue adding to it. Now this definitely won't solve serious mental health issues, but this did help me immensely with my anxiety.
Good luck and I hope you're doing wonderful!!!

Closed Thread