TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

No more help for me. - May 14th 2017, 03:15 AM

I am just so sick and tired of getting help and then having them give up on me, or take other peoples sides, kick me out and shit. So from now on I am not asking for anymore help. No more going to groups and programs they think will help me. I will talk to my case manager and therapist but that is it. No more asking my friends for help and if they can talk. No more hearing about my problems. I am so fed up because I just get over looked. So from now on I am on my own. No more caring about if I quit cutting, no more caring about quitting restricting and purging. No more caring if I killed myself, no more trying to keep myself safe. I am so done. I will be on here to help others but I am probably not going to be asking for help on here anymore seeing as I'm not worth help.
End of rant.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability|
|PM/VM|

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: No more help for me. - May 14th 2017, 05:28 AM

Hey Essa,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been let down so many times when you tried to reach out for support. I can definitely see how discouraging that can feel. Try to keep this in mind though: the failure of others to be there for you when you reach out for support says a lot about them, but has nothing to do with how worthy you are of receiving help.

The truth is that you are so worthy of receiving the help and support that you need. While it isn't always possible for people to be there 24/7, you definitely deserve to have support systems in your life that make an effort to show that they care for you and are doing their best to be there for you when you need it.

Negative recurring experiences can definitely make it seem like it isn't worth the effort to keep seeking support. But, it is ALWAYS worth it. For what it's worth, you have the entire TeenHelp community here to cheer you on and provide you with any encouragement that you need. I'm sure you'll find people in your everyday life that will make an excellent support system for you as well. Sometimes those people just come along when you least expect it.

Please don't give up on seeking support, Essa! You've come so far already and continuing to reach out will make the recovery process seem so much more bearable.

If you ever need to talk about anything, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Take care,
Sammi

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount24

Edit avatar

Re: No more help for me. - May 14th 2017, 06:28 PM

Essa, I am so sorry you have been let down and have been struggling with recovery. It may take years before you are 100% SH and purge free, but it's the little things that count. I would definitely focus on that and if you have to, make notes for yourself. It can be on a sticky that you post to your mirror or it can be mental, as long as you keep reminding yourself. Nobody ever said recovery was easy, there's going to be so many bumps and wrong turns along the way, but it can be accomplished.

I'm sorry you feel you aren't getting the appropriate help on here. We're here for you every step of the way and if you feel it's the forums that are not being the most helpful, there are other resources on TeenHelp that you can take advantage of. I'm sure you know LiveHelp and HelpLINK provides some anonymity, so if that's what you are looking for than feel free to use it. Use these two outlets as many time for as long as you'd like. There's no limitation to how many times you use HL or LH or how long you reach out to them for.

I'm sorry you are going through a difficult time. Things will get better, even if you don't believe it. I believe in you.

Closed Thread