TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
RageAndGrace Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Angry Think they've given up - May 17th 2017, 07:46 PM

Two years ago I was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder f25 three months ago I was diagnosed with emotionally unstable personality disorder. I am now not receiving any help apart from my GP whose pretty angry with the local mental health team and she's being blocked at every turn as well. Every symptom I have I apparently exaggerate and im being told to work through it without medications even though I'm
Up and down constantly and having psychosis. Nobody wants to listen.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Think they've given up - May 19th 2017, 01:08 PM

Hey there,

I'm both shocked and saddened to hear that despite the diagnosis's that you have received, that you are being told that you are exaggerating, aren't receiving the help you need, not even medication. That's neglectful on your local mental health team's part!

Are there any mental health organisations in your area? Organisations such as Mind (UK based) may be able to help advocate your needs and find you some support.

Is your GP able to prescribe medication? If not, is it possible to get a referral to a psychiatrist? If you feel that you would benefit from medication then you shouldn't be told to go without it.

I'm not sure how helpful this is to you, but remember that we are always here to listen to you, whatever you are going through or dealing with.

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
RageAndGrace Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Think they've given up - May 20th 2017, 01:21 PM

I have contacted some services but as always there are waiting lists and because of the diagnosis they are unsure of what they can actually do. They've written me a statement of needs what I need to take to a medical solicitor. My gp can prescribe my basic medications like anti depressants but the ones I take my psychosis and my mood stabilisers she's not allowed to prescribe and she said herself she wouldn't know where to start. as a last option I have the accident and emergency department but I don't want to use it unless I have to.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Think they've given up - May 23rd 2017, 03:47 PM

It's good that you've contacted some services and I'm sorry to hear that there are waiting lists. Keep persisting though and hopefully you'll be able to get the help you need!

And you definitely have the accident and emergency department to go to. I know that you don't want to use it unless you have to, but if anytime you start feeling worse, it's good to go to A&E just to be safe.

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount24

Edit avatar

Re: Think they've given up - May 23rd 2017, 06:06 PM

I would keep insisting you get the help and support you need. You know yourself the best and you can recognize the episode when it's coming. The people who say you are exaggerating don't understand that any sort of mental or psychological issue can have a wide array of symptoms and episodes can be minor or severe. I would continue to talk to your GP and insist they keep on trying or find alternate places that can get you the support you need.

Nobody should be denied treatment of any kind. And, as Holly said, go to the A&E if your episodes take a turn for the worse or you aren't feeling all that great. It can be daunting, walking into the emergency room and stating what you are feeling or experiencing, and it's all unknown from there on out. But they know what they are doing and will provide the appropriate course of treatment.

Best of luck, don't be afraid to reach out to us again if you need to.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
let'sjusttalk Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Think they've given up - May 23rd 2017, 09:49 PM

I am appalled to hear this! I am terribly sorry that you have to go through this. Don't stop fighting for what is right! I hope everything works out for you in the end, and you can always reach out to us if need be. Good luck and stay strong!

Closed Thread