TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Online Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I need some help - May 27th 2017, 03:13 AM

I go through these 2 week stages where I'll feel really depressed and suicidal then happy and normal. But then a while after I'm happy I get depressed again. I'm so confused about this!??

(#2 (permalink)) Old
FallonRose Offline
Mind Mischief
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Fallon

Re: I need some help - May 27th 2017, 03:44 AM

Hey thanks for reaching out to us!
It's normal when you have depression to have those periods of unhappy thoughts and then have periods where you're not as depressed (or not depressed at all) and everything sense relativity normal...until those dark days come around again. I'm sorry you experience this, though. It's not fun at all and I wish no body would have to go through it.
If I may ask though, during these times when you're happy and everything seems great, would you say that you are overly happy, like an overabundance of happiness? Not that happiness isn't a good thing, but when those have both the lows and the highs, it can be troubling. This is often times associated with Bipolar disorder, which is why I'm asking. I went through the same thing and was unaware for several years until it got to a point where I was uncontrollable during the highs.
Though we can't provide an actual diagnosis because we are not certified doctors, I'm just checking on that aspect because many people are not aware that they are not only suffering from depression but manic-depression.
I hope maybe I could provide insight on this issue for you, and if you want further testing, I would suggest talking with your parents or doctor or therapist.

Live Help Mentor 4/29/2017
Message me if you need anything.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread