TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lauridoglover Offline
Not a n00b

Name: lauri

No friends }: - September 6th 2017, 02:55 AM

I have no friends }: I'm 25 and have no friends. Any one else my age have no friends? I feel like a loser that I don't have any friends. It's lonely and depressing that I have no friends but at the same time, I have gotten used to being lonely. It worries me a little. Im so used to not having friends that I think I have developed a little bit of social anxiety. It's weird like when I go out and people talk to me; I get like a little bit of anxiety and I wouldn't say stutter my words but more of jumble my words and sentences a little bit but not all the time. Its only sometimes it happens and also I get like a fogged brain with it. If that makes sense. I think its from not socializing a lot and not having any friends. Its weird on one hand i like being lonely and gotten used to it but on the other hand I would really like one amazing friend that I could talk to about anything but those friends are hard to find.

I feel people my age have friends and that to be this young and to not have friends is abnormal. it sucks it seems everyone my age has friends but me }; I try soo hard to make friends but it never happens and I don't get why. I thought I would make friends at college and when I didn't, it was very depressing.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Markus Offline
Professional Human

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Marcus

Re: No friends }: - September 6th 2017, 06:10 AM

Try and focus on getting involved in your school/work community. Or you can even do activities which you enjoy doing! I am sure you'll meet people sharing at least one similar interest as you. For instance, if you are into volunteering, you can meet lots of like-minded people who enjoys giving and contributing.

And most importantly, be positive and don't be afraid of stuttering or jumbling, I am sure you'll gradually get better at breaking the ice.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
lauridoglover Offline
Not a n00b

Name: lauri

Re: No friends }: - September 6th 2017, 04:56 PM

lol yeah but I never make friends even when I volunteer places. Thanks. Looking more for comfort because nothing any one can really do }: Not like i can force people to be my friend. Sucks when I was in university i made no friends. It was very depressing. I thought college was all about making friends but I was very wrong. i tried soo ahrd to make friends but every one always rushed out of class after it was over which shocked me . I was like why arent people trying to make friends. It hurt s a lot that no one wanted to be my friend. I tried so hard to make friends but people would jsut look at me weird and people just rushed out of class after it was over with out trying to make friends like me. It hurt and was very depressing that college was not like I thought it would be like.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: No friends }: - September 6th 2017, 10:16 PM

It is, actually, common for adults to have trouble making friends. Some people definitely have an easier time making friend's than other but for the longest time my parents didn't really have a whole lot of friend's. They had a few people from work and stuff like that that they would hang out with. I know it feels like there is nothing you can do but you can look into groups that your city might have. My city has a whole bunch of groups/clubs for adults. I was able to find a book club by using google and typing "Bookclubs in [insert city]'. However, when I was looking around I was able to see that there were a whole bunch of other groups and clubs offered in my city. There were some religious groups, atheist/agnostic groups, there were sewing groups, movie groups. If there are things that might interest you your town/city might have some groups that you could go to and start building friendships.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Alice.Luria Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: No friends }: - September 11th 2017, 06:14 AM

I'm 21 and I don't have friends too. And also I used to be alone. It's not a social anxiety, this is just... life. It happens to so many people, so don't worry about not having friends. We can't make people stay with us.

There is always hope.

Closed Thread