TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Elianaa Offline
4K Miles <3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Eliana

Possible PTSD? - January 24th 2018, 03:29 PM

Iíve posted about this before. School. And I donít want the ďbe lucky you have an educationĒ bullshit and if youíre gonna give me that then leave me alone and go say that to someone else because all I want is actual serious answers. So hereís why I think school may be causing ptsd.

Iíve posted this story before but my teacher gets me in trouble for no reason,lies to my mom about what I do in class and makes fun of me. I even saw my friend get shoved into a desk by her. Anyways this is very new and usually medicine does help me with anxiety but now itís getting too bad for even that to help. I cry for hours at night and can barely fall asleep on weekdays. And even on fridays after school and on saturdays and Sundayís I get terrified about Monday. Even seconds after school has ended Iíll start worrying about the next day. I can barely sleep anymore due to being afraid of the way sleep makes me feel like time is going by quicker, meaning school feels like itís gonna happen in 3 seconds. I cry in the morning and my mom recently started getting stricter about it which scares me even more. I donít know what to do about this because I canít do anything about this school and if I donít this will all get wors. And if I tell my mom I feel like this might be happening maybe sheíll be more willing to help me and do something that involves leaving the school.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Possible PTSD? - January 24th 2018, 05:09 PM

No-one here is going to judge you or tell you to be lucky for having an education. After all, what worth is education if you aren't able to concentrate, let alone enjoy it, when school upsets you so much?

Secondly, no-one here can diagnose you as we aren't professionals. PTSD is caused by traumatic experiences. This can be a one off or long term experience. Whether or not you have PTSD, what matters is that what you are experiencing both at school and with your own emotions, seems to be getting in the way of your life. And you definitely don't deserve that.

It seems like this particular teacher does things that upsets you, which is also unprofessional. You mention that your friend got shoved into a desk by her. I'm wondering if your friend would be willing to go with you to the principal or another authority to make a complaint against the teacher? And if you haven't already done so, let your mom know about how this teacher treats you? Your mom may seem stricter because she cares and may want you to do well at school, and may be concerned about why you don't want to go to school. If you tell your mom the truth, that you feel so scared about school because of this teacher, maybe she might be willing to help? Maybe she can go with you to talk to the principal, or ask that you change classes, or if you have to, change schools.

I'm sorry to hear that the medication you usually take for anxiety doesn't seem to be working, and that you spend a lot of time crying, not being able to sleep and generally living in fear. Maybe you can talk with your doctor/psychiatrist about how the medication isn't working. They may be able to increase the dosage or change to another medication. You can also ask about your diagnosis and that you are concerned about having PTSD. You might also want to ask and see if there is a way you can get counselling to help you deal with the anxiety so that it doesn't take over your life, even if you still have to go to that school and have that particular teacher.

Remember, it's okay to cry as it helps you to express your emotions. As for feeling anxious, try to do deep breathing exercises to help relax you, and do relaxing things before bed. If you have to worry then allow yourself some time to write down your worries, and then distract yourself so you aren't consumed by it. And you can also talk to someone about your worries so that they can help you through it and provide some reassurance. We are always here for you too

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

Closed Thread