TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Average Joe

Interviewing while Hypomanic - March 25th 2018, 11:53 AM

[SIZE="a"]I have bipolar and lately I have been dealing with hypomania a lot more. I am also in the process of trying to get a job. I recently went on an interview and while I did well...I do think that my hypomania got in the way of be doing exceptionally well.

I didn't get the job and I am mostly okay with it but does anyone who has bipolar have tips for interviewing while hypomanic.

I think my biggest issue is that while I am dealing with the hypomania I talk non stop and say things I don't need to or make conversations overly long.

Looking back I think there were times I did this (said things I shouldn't have and talked longer than I needed) and I noticed it than and to make up for it I would shorten another answer.

I can't guarantee this is why I didn't get the job but the company will not share as they are quite confidential.

Any tips or help would be appreciated as I should have an interview coming up ... this month maybe?

I worry I'll blow that interview and it is a job I would want.

I interview well...even exceptionally or so I have been told by past interviewers/a past boss.

I just have never felt I have had to deal with interviewing while like this and I want to try and prevent myself from blowing it.[/size]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Interviewing while Hypomanic - April 1st 2018, 02:02 PM

How do you usually manage the bipolar? In general, it's good to make sure that you are getting enough sleep and looking after yourself to try to minimise the affects of a hypomanic episode.

In terms of interviewing, maybe you can have some sort of reminder or cue to help you keep to the point? Maybe practice interviewing while wearing or having a reminder, perhaps a watch or a folder/portfolio, to help you keep to the point, and take these reminders into the interviewer, to help you remember to try keep to an even pace?

I don't have bipolar so not sure how helpful my answer was, but I hope that others can help you out!

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

Closed Thread